• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
I dig it. What'd you use? DIY or have a shop do it?

Nikos

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Is it a wrap???

Sponsored

roddiaz1

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER Carbonized Grey
Looks like it might be airbrushed on. Very Cool!!

LifeAsDane

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Lightning SR Lariat | 13' F150 EB Lariat
Occupation
Real Estate

Sponsored
OP
OP
First Name
Pavlov
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1958 F100
Occupation
Homeless
Sorry for the late reply to my original post, I actually used a pickup truck rear window decal and installed it myself. Putting a wrap on the front grill is a little challenging due to the embossing. Although the three sections of the front grill look parallel all the way across, they are not. The top and bottom are actually tapered down on the ends after the bend towards the fender. The other challenge was cutting out the logo. I actually made a pattern that I could use for future wraps or cutouts.

I originally had a 3M wrap on the grill, but decided to go with an American flag instead. The rear window decals for pickup trucks allow for much more flexibility in the wrap material and eliminated the bubbling in the diamond-shaped pattern.

I'm not a wrap expert, so it took a little bit of time, but now that I have a pattern it would be fairly easy to make the cutouts for the "wrap".

Thanks for the compliments!! I think it really makes a difference in how the truck looks. Here's a pic of the previous wrap on the grill

Ford F-150 Lightning My improved (stars & stripes) front grille IMG_20230115_123047892_HDR

Ford F-150 Lightning My improved (stars & stripes) front grille IMG_20230320_174531737

butterfb

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Occupation
Senior Support Engineer
Sorry for the late reply to my original post, I actually used a pickup truck rear window decal and installed it myself. Putting a wrap on the front grill is a little challenging due to the embossing. Although the three sections of the front grill look parallel all the way across, they are not. The top and bottom are actually tapered down on the ends after the bend towards the fender. The other challenge was cutting out the logo. I actually made a pattern that I could use for future wraps or cutouts.

I originally had a 3M wrap on the grill, but decided to go with an American flag instead. The rear window decals for pickup trucks allow for much more flexibility in the wrap material and eliminated the bubbling in the diamond-shaped pattern.

I'm not a wrap expert, so it took a little bit of time, but now that I have a pattern it would be fairly easy to make the cutouts for the "wrap".

Thanks for the compliments!! I think it really makes a difference in how the truck looks. Here's a pic of the previous wrap on the grill

IMG_20230115_123047892_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230320_174531737.jpg
I would love to get this one, are you or someone selling? I asked another vinyl guy about something similar but no help

OP
OP
First Name
Pavlov
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1958 F100
Occupation
Homeless
I sold the truck a few months ago, but the local print shop was able to print me out a custom decal. I basically downloaded images of lightning at night, and the print shop was able to combine them and print out one long sheet, which I then cut out using templates that I had made of the front grill. A few months later I changed my mind, and decided on a very subtle American flag in black and white, using a rear window decal for pickup trucks. The rear window decal was much easier to apply. Hope this helps

BlueLightning

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 ⚡XLT SR
Occupation
Retired

IMG_20230115_123047892_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230320_174531737.jpg
Receive emails still from looking for a Lightning and seen this Lariat that had the front light bar wrapped, thought it looked good, but mistakes it for a PRO.

Ford F-150 Lightning My improved (stars & stripes) front grille IMG_5167
Sponsored