• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Grab and go charger box

theUNSTABLE

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Cyber Engineer
I wanted a way to store, and protect my aftermarket charger, extension cord, and adapter.
I'm trying to stay organized so I decided to have a dedicated, durable, waterproof box I can store easily, but also grab and go if I'm going on a trip.

Repurposed a Milwaukee Packout Large Tool Box
After some heavy duty cable wrapping, I managed to fit everything in there without any concern of damage to the cables or prongs.

Currently storing:
25ft 50 AMP Extension Cord
AMPROAD Adjustable ( 10/16/24/32/40 Amp) EV Charger (don't want to pop breakers)
and my NEMA L14-30P to NEMA 14-50R Adapter

Ford F-150 Lightning Grab and go charger box 1705696043506

Threw the soft case on top in case I don't have time to put it all in the box. Offers some cushion also.
Ford F-150 Lightning Grab and go charger box 1705696146485

Ford F-150 Lightning Grab and go charger box 1705696168769

I can throw it in the frunk, or in the bed and not worry about water or damage

Ford F-150 Lightning Grab and go charger box 1705696191342

Now I can run an extension cord (being mindful of safety obviously) to charge, and also use that same cord for the Pro Power Onboard.

I figured I would post this here to give others the idea, or possibly find a better solution
Sponsored

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
I wanted a way to store, and protect my aftermarket charger, extension cord, and adapter.
I'm trying to stay organized so I decided to have a dedicated, durable, waterproof box I can store easily, but also grab and go if I'm going on a trip.

Repurposed a Milwaukee Packout Large Tool Box
After some heavy duty cable wrapping, I managed to fit everything in there without any concern of damage to the cables or prongs.

Currently storing:
25ft 50 AMP Extension Cord
AMPROAD Adjustable ( 10/16/24/32/40 Amp) EV Charger (don't want to pop breakers)
and my NEMA L14-30P to NEMA 14-50R Adapter

1705696043506.png

Threw the soft case on top in case I don't have time to put it all in the box. Offers some cushion also.
1705696146485.png

1705696168769.png

I can throw it in the frunk, or in the bed and not worry about water or damage

1705696191342.png

Now I can run an extension cord (being mindful of safety obviously) to charge, and also use that same cord for the Pro Power Onboard.

I figured I would post this here to give others the idea, or possibly find a better solution
I like it!

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Very nice. I doubled down and bought one to stay in the truck in the lower frunk space like @Heliian since I use it so often. This is a good Grab 'n Go option if you use the lower frunk for other things.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
I keep my free mobile charger in the frunk, along with an adapter to plug it into the 240 V in the bed along with a J1772 to Tesla adaptor. Had the case embordered to troll my Tesla friends.
Ford F-150 Lightning Grab and go charger box TeslaRescueKit

OP
OP
theUNSTABLE

theUNSTABLE

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Cyber Engineer
I also normally used that lower storage in the Frunk for the charger, but it would only fit 1 charger.
I have the aftermarket variable amperage charger because I don't want to pop breakers (very very stupid oversight on Fords part in my opinion - no way to do this with charger or truck).

I also have the extension cord for times when the cable isn't long enough. All of these don't fit in the lower section, and my aftermarket charger barely fits there. If I jam it in (which I hate doing with these cables) it causes the lid to be slightly elevated making it annoying if I put anything in there.
Sponsored