• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed
OP
OP
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Custom 4x4 Shop
Update - the part number for the pair of fox coilovers provided by fox was incorrect for what I used on my build. I pulled the pair out of a Fox/Ford Performance tuned full kit (Part No: M18000F15AA) for F150 that includes rear smooth body 2.0 shocks too. The spring rate and lift are set to be compatible with F150 specifically and work great for my Lightning build. I guess when I inquired with my distributor on getting just the front two coilovers from that kit they called Fox and Fox gave the incorrect part numbers that were listed (now deleted) above in the thread. According to Ford Performance you currently cannot get the front two seperate and you must buy the full kit.
I’m sure in time they will develop a full kit but for now it is the way it is

bp299

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2018 Raptor
How is the ride? Did it eliminate the bouncy front end?

OP
OP
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Custom 4x4 Shop
How is the ride? Did it eliminate the bouncy front end?
It still floats a bit on the larger expansion joints in the highway at speed but it’s light years better than it was from the factory

Sponsored

Bugs

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning
Occupation
Technology
Have you been able to test the Blue Cruise with the leveled and bigger tires? Or at least the adaptive cruise control?

OP
OP
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Custom 4x4 Shop
Have you been able to test the Blue Cruise with the leveled and bigger tires? Or at least the adaptive cruise control?
I haven’t had an opp to try blue cruise where I live but the adaptive cruise works fine

OP
OP
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Custom 4x4 Shop
how big a tire do you think you could get away with, without having to trim and remove the front crash bars? looks great btw.
In an 18” size I would say 275/70-18
In a 20” size I would say 285/60-20

these are estimates based on Regular F150s I’ve done

Bugs

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning
Occupation
Technology
I haven’t had an opp to try blue cruise where I live but the adaptive cruise works fine
Thanks. I had a feeling it would work just fine. If you get to test Blue Cruise, I'm sure there are plenty of us out there who would love to know.

I wonder if Ford will "approve" lift kits or leveled kits for trucks with Blue Cruise? I feel that risk might be too much for them to take.

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
Update - the part number for the pair of fox coilovers provided by fox was incorrect for what I used on my build. I pulled the pair out of a Fox/Ford Performance tuned full kit (Part No: M18000F15AA) for F150 that includes rear smooth body 2.0 shocks too. The spring rate and lift are set to be compatible with F150 specifically and work great for my Lightning build. I guess when I inquired with my distributor on getting just the front two coilovers from that kit they called Fox and Fox gave the incorrect part numbers that were listed (now deleted) above in the thread. According to Ford Performance you currently cannot get the front two seperate and you must buy the full kit.
I’m sure in time they will develop a full kit but for now it is the way it is
Glad I held off a few days on ordering. Thanks for spearheading the suspension endeavor! Appreciate getting all the part numbers. Just for clarification, the previous part number was the wrong spring rate? Valving or both?

Thanks.

Grayvader

First Name
Gray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
I know this is an old thread, but did you guys ever test out the impact on Blue Cruise functionality?
Sponsored