• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Well I picked up my Pro SR today. I was able to get the 7k rebate without any issues but ended up taking the IOU for the 5k price protection. The dealer was truly worried they wouldn't get the money back from ford so we settled on the written IOU. It's a very small dealer and I'm confident I will get it. I'm very impressed with the truck so far. Can't wait to put some miles on it.

20221202_142219.jpg
Congrats! Is that Oxford or Avalanche?
Sponsored

granfaloon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Well, I lost. Paid the "extra" $5000. As expected there was no path to adjusting the MSRP, regardless of how high I got up the ladder. They said they'd sell the truck to someone else if I didn't come to an agreement today, and that was that.

But! There's a silver lining. I think I made my case pretty well. I brought in a folder of all the documents with the important lines highlighted, walked through the exact verbiage of the Price Protection Program, and showed them my original order MSRP. And although I couldn't get anything in writing, I at least got a handshake agreement that if they get a reimbursement from Ford, it'll come back to me.

I honestly don't think they were playing dumb. This is only the second Pro they've sold, and it's the first MY2023 Pro. As far as they were concerned, I was just some guy off the street asking for $5000 off an already killer deal. I kind of understand why they were frustrated with me. But as soon as the documents were signed, we were all smiles.

Absolutely ecstatic to have the truck. It's just as good as I had hoped. Just, heart-stoppingly insanely good.
Hey you gave it your best shot, nothing else you can do. Glad you’re satisfied with the truck, that’s what really matters in the end!

alexose

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 C-Max, 1999 F150
You still got a great deal and you're happy. If they follow-through on the reimbursement, that's just icing on the cake. Congrats on the new truck!
Thanks, man! I'm upgrading from a 23-year old farm truck with 200k miles. The Lightning isn't just better... it's like I'm on a different planet. Can't wait to write a real review.

My advice for @granfaloon and others who haven't yet picked up their MY2023 Pro: Print out all of the documents regarding the Price Protection Program and the MY2023 mid-model year price increase. Highlight the important lines, especially the part about the Dealer Payment Statement and the "30 to 45 days" clause.

Walk in with a positive attitude, and accept that you might not get your way. This is how I got up to the GM, and at least got some assurance that they weren't going to pocket the difference.

My biggest mistake was showing up right away on Wednesday, totally unprepared after a long day of work. My argument was just "this is $5000 more than it should be" with zero understanding of the Price Protection Program. I probably seemed like a crazy person. Things went a lot better the second time, even if I didn't get the exact result I wanted.

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
Just got my newest updated shipping date... end of January now.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) toss phone

Sponsored

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
@Ford Motor Company

How does a vehicle miss 2 shipping windows then get rescheduled for what is basically the equivalent transit time of 7 or 8 vehicle build weeks later?? This is wholly unacceptable.

Last edited:

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro
Just got my newest updated shipping date... end of January now.

toss phone.gif
Dude... that's insane. It has to be a mistake. If your truck is truly built, them having it sit for three months in a parking lot somewhere is basically them impounding your truck. I'm hoping this is just a bad miscalculation based on the railroad strike that isn't happening now that Biden signed a bill requiring them to keep operating. It might make sense if they were preparing their entire outstanding delivery list for a rail strike. Otherwise, it's just insulting. They should be giving people the option to go rescue their trucks from Ford if they're offering three-month timelines on shipment.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Well, I lost. Paid the "extra" $5000. As expected there was no path to adjusting the MSRP, regardless of how high I got up the ladder. They said they'd sell the truck to someone else if I didn't come to an agreement today, and that was that.

But! There's a silver lining. I think I made my case pretty well. I brought in a folder of all the documents with the important lines highlighted, walked through the exact verbiage of the Price Protection Program, and showed them my original order MSRP. And although I couldn't get anything in writing, I at least got a handshake agreement that if they get a reimbursement from Ford, it'll come back to me.

I honestly don't think they were playing dumb. This is only the second Pro they've sold, and it's the first MY2023 Pro. As far as they were concerned, I was just some guy off the street asking for $5000 off an already killer deal. I kind of understand why they were frustrated with me. But as soon as the documents were signed, we were all smiles.

Absolutely ecstatic to have the truck. It's just as good as I had hoped. Just, heart-stoppingly insanely good.
I’m still just so surprised there is so much confusion. Ford price protection program has been around since 2016 according to Tim Bartz. What makes the Lightning so different. Sure it’s a new model but so are Bronco, Maverick and Mach E. We have seen the press releases and have the documents why arent they known to the dealers. It just seems very odd.

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
I’ve seen the 2016 policy document, so you’re saying that still applies? My dealer is saying that ‘Ford is shifting their price protection program on 2023 models’. Does that make any sense to you?
That price protection document is the most recent.

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
I’ve seen the 2016 policy document, so you’re saying that still applies? My dealer is saying that ‘Ford is shifting their price protection program on 2023 models’. Does that make any sense to you?

Price protection works as follows:

If you have a 2023 order, you receive the price at the time of order plus any additional rebates/direct offers that Ford offered for a 2022 to 2023 transition. Ford reimburses the dealership based on the price increase during the model year by paying the dealer on the dealer payment statement 30-45 days after selling the truck to the owner who ordered it. If that information doesn't match, the dealership doesn't get paid for it.