• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

granfaloon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro

bryko

First Name
bryko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, '22 Corolla, '13 Escape
Occupation
Engineer
I have to admit it's really annoying for the tracker and backdoor link to say "Scheduled for Production week of 10/24" and "in production" and to have a blend date of 10/27, but to have absolutely no information about what the status is. What good it for Ford to notify customers that they are "scheduled for production" and then give no updates of any kind for 6 weeks after that?
Ford Chat says they have no ETA for me at all and my dealership is ghosting me.

I know a lot of people here defend Ford, but after buying a Bronco and waiting for the Lightning, I feel like the only thing good about Ford is their product.
I finally finally got past "Built", but unfortunately it does not get better. Waiting for shipping estimate for 9 days now (convoy) is terrible as the year ticks down with only three weeks left and many holidays coming. Just put it on a truck already!

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
Did all who took delivery on a Pro, did you just get one key fob?
I'm a little late to the party, been busy with work. I made sure I got 2, I saw your question last night and asked the salesman and he assured me you always get 2. Did you get your second key?

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
I'm a little late to the party, been busy with work. I made sure I got 2, I saw your question last night and asked the salesman and he assured me you always get 2. Did you get your second key?
I haven't yet but my sales guy is supposedly checking on it today

UFLightning

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
I reached out to Ford CS chat for tracking info since I received my shipped notification earlier this week, they provided me with a Convoy tracking number (which my understanding is the public can't track anymore). Seems weird to convoy all the way to Florida, think it's the first leg to the rail yard in MI?

Sponsored

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro
I reached out to Ford CS chat for tracking info since I received my shipped notification earlier this week, they provided me with a Convoy tracking number (which my understanding is the public can't track anymore). Seems weird to convoy all the way to Florida, think it's the first leg to the rail yard in MI?
@markeyv is in the same boat, got a truck heading to Florida and Ford CS has only provided a convoy number. It's extremely unlikely they would be shipping via convoy that far, basically they'd be going against all precedent to do that. Times are unusual so I can't rule it out, since we've got so many supply chain issues... but still, I'd expect it to short-haul from Rouge to New Boston, Michigan, then get loaded onto a train from ramp 5M, then be train transported to Florida, offloaded and turned over to another short-haul transporter for the final leg to the dealership.

Edit: Since you're in Jupiter, there is a small chance your truck was on the rail car mine was on, which arrived Dec. 6 in Taft, just south of Orlando. I don't want to get your hopes up too much, but it would be logical for it to have taken that rail car down here, if Ford was wrong on the timing of that "shipped" status change. I just don't know if they would've had it hauled over-road from Taft to Jupiter if another rail car would've gone down the east coast rail line. To be clear, Ford's tracking of these trucks is abysmal. Some of them that are already in customer hands are listed as not yet shipped, others went from built to shipped to delivered the same day, others are in various states of limbo that don't reflect the status Ford reports for their progress.

Last edited:

UFLightning

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
@markeyv is in the same boat, got a truck heading to Florida and Ford CS has only provided a convoy number. It's extremely unlikely they would be shipping via convoy that far, basically they'd be going against all precedent to do that. Times are unusual so I can't rule it out, since we've got so many supply chain issues... but still, I'd expect it to short-haul from Rouge to New Boston, Michigan, then get loaded onto a train from ramp 5M, then be train transported to Florida, offloaded and turned over to another short-haul transporter for the final leg to the dealership.

Edit: Since you're in Jupiter, there is a small chance your truck was on the rail car mine was on, which arrived Dec. 6 in Taft, just south of Orlando. I don't want to get your hopes up too much, but it would be logical for it to have taken that rail car down here, if Ford was wrong on the timing of that "shipped" status change. I just don't know if they would've had it hauled over-road from Taft to Jupiter if another rail car would've gone down the east coast rail line. To be clear, Ford's tracking of these trucks is abysmal. Some of them that are already in customer hands are listed as not yet shipped, others went from built to shipped to delivered the same day, others are in various states of limbo that don't reflect the status Ford reports for their progress.
Fingers crossed, but I reached shipped status about a month after you in the tracking spreadsheet. So I might be loading up on one of the next trains to FL, but like you said, Ford's tracking leaves a lot to be desired :p.

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
I finally finally got past "Built", but unfortunately it does not get better. Waiting for shipping estimate for 9 days now (convoy) is terrible as the year ticks down with only three weeks left and many holidays coming. Just put it on a truck already!
I recognize the vehicle is different, but with the bronco, it took about 6 weeks from blend date to when the bronco was in my driveway. Calling the railway automated lines and tracking it was really frustrating, especially as interest rates were rapidly going up.
But now, it's been 6 weeks since my blend date and it isn't even marked "built" yet.

Jml91

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning
Occupation
Wastewater Collections Technician

timwren

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I made the 900 minute le trek We’d/Thu and the purchasing phase is finally over. NowI just have to install a ton of accessories (bedrug, Bak X4S, tailgate dampener, running boards, antenna, seat latch…..I’m sure I’m missing something else I’ve acquired in the 20 months of waiting) that are cluttering my garage.

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I made the 900 minute le trek We’d/Thu and the purchasing phase is finally over. NowI just have to install a ton of accessories (bedrug, Bak X4S, tailgate dampener, running boards, antenna, seat latch…..I’m sure I’m missing something else I’ve acquired in the 20 months of waiting) that are cluttering my garage.
congrats. Please keep us posted on what you get and how you like it.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Seat latch?

Reactions: s_c

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro
So I confirmed with Ford CS yesterday that my truck indeed was on the train it may/may not have been on, and it's been released from CSX custody to someone, the dealer or the car hauler getting it to the dealer. They also revised my delivery window to be earlier than before, which is a first... now it's Dec. 9-15.
Sponsored