• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro
I just noticed I'm the reigning champion in the shipped-to-arrived length of time (31 days). Who's going to unseat me? Don't all chime in at once.

Edit: Hmm, got a call from the dealer after completing my pre-order process... they don't have the truck. At least, if they do, it's not in inventory yet. So they said they'd call me back when they were sure they had it. Last location they have on file is the rail yard about 10 miles from the dealership.

Last edited:

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Volvo XC60 T8, Many Bicycles
Edit: Hmm, got a call from the dealer after completing my pre-order process... they don't have the truck. At least, if they do, it's not in inventory yet. So they said they'd call me back when they were sure they had it. Last location they have on file is the rail yard about 10 miles from the dealership.
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 0787AA45-6F6F-402B-A0D5-1369E705C655

Sponsored

markeyv

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT Lightning SR
Occupation
architect
I just noticed I'm the reigning champion in the shipped-to-arrived length of time (31 days). Who's going to unseat me? Don't all chime in at once.

noooooo….

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro

Don't call to say you DON'T have it! It's like all those emails from Ford between reservation and ordering that would get our hopes up just to be dashed when it's a stupid email about something we already know or whatever.

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
Couple days into ownership here and I've got a question for you cold weather guys.. I noticed the vehicle absolutely disregards my request to keep my previous climate settings with regards to the heated mirrors. It works just fine with every other setting but it has become a habit of mine to immediately turn them off upon entry because sure as heck, they are always on when I get in the truck. I'm actually unsure if they even work since there hasn't been a frosty morning to try them yet, anyone else have this problem?

P.S. I'm rooting for all you guys still waiting for delivery and still check the board every day!

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Don't call to say you DON'T have it! It's like all those emails from Ford between reservation and ordering that would get our hopes up just to be dashed when it's a stupid email about something we already know or whatever.
I just don't get why I got the email to complete my order if the dealership didn't trigger that. I thought they had to. If that's not the trigger for that email, what is? And why would they trigger that email if they didn't have the truck? Ford's website says the thing is going through final preparation. If it's sitting on a car hauler somewhere, that's not "final preparation," that's "mobile storage." I've had enough mobile storage already, thanks. It's been 33 days since my truck "shipped."

Shady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150xlt
I just don't get why I got the email to complete my order if the dealership didn't trigger that. I thought they had to. If that's not the trigger for that email, what is? And why would they trigger that email if they didn't have the truck? Ford's website says the thing is going through final preparation. If it's sitting on a car hauler somewhere, that's not "final preparation," that's "mobile storage." I've had enough mobile storage already, thanks. It's been 33 days since my truck "shipped."

My option to complete my order started when the truck was unloaded from the rail car or when it was put on the carrier to be delivered. In my case that was within 24 hours from unload to loaded on the car carrier to the dealer. It arrived at the dealer on Sunday and they are not open Sundays for sales/service.

Sponsored

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My option to complete my order started when the truck was unloaded from the rail car or when it was put on the carrier to be delivered. In my case that was within 24 hours from unload to loaded on the car carrier to the dealer. It arrived at the dealer on Sunday and they are not open Sundays for sales/service.
I appreciate the insight. In my case that would mean it sat at the local rail yard from Tuesday through Friday, then got loaded onto a car hauler Friday afternoon, which is when that email went out.

Tuesday: Arrived at Taft (Orlando) rail yard
Wednesday: Offloaded from rail car
Thursday: ???
Friday: Loaded onto car hauler
Saturday: ???
Sunday: TBD

Edit: I got a follow-up email from Ford... asking me to rate my experience with the dealership yesterday. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do here. "Was great except for not knowing where my truck is"?

Last edited:

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
Edit: I got a follow-up email from Ford... asking me to rate my experience with the dealership yesterday. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do here. "Was great except for not knowing where my truck is"?
I have the same email and I'm trying to decide how unadulteratedly brutal I want to be about the price fight process and how clueless they were. We ended up in the right place eventually and they were mostly pleasant but firm about their wrong answer, but the whole process was nonsense.

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have the same email and I'm trying to decide how unadulteratedly brutal I want to be about the price fight process and how clueless they were. We ended up in the right place eventually and they were mostly pleasant but firm about their wrong answer, but the whole process was nonsense.
You've got the truck. The honesty may help with future orderers. Ford corporate may already know all of the problems we've had, but they're asking for feedback. I trust they want the unvarnished truth.

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
You've got the truck. The honesty may help with future orderers. Ford corporate may already know all of the problems we've had, but they're asking for feedback. I trust they want the unvarnished truth.
Well they got it,I gave them honesty and objective suggestions.

shadycoh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt
my after purchase survey is defiantly going to hammer them on not knowing how to handle the double pro rebates and I told them that when they said they could not just apply the 5K rebate I had to wait for it to be mailed back.
Sponsored