• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

1.7.1 install failed (no OTA "fix") Fix now at dealers

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Question, how can you tell what version of powerup you are on??? All I know is no blue cruise no answers and no update received since may of 2021, per the widget.
If you have the widget, go to the bottom and click on "Advanced Info", then "View OTA Update Info".

On mine I can read the OTA deployments with the most recent one being the 1.7.1 update and it shows the latest status as failure.
Sponsored

Lugusthedog

First Name
Lugus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Maxtow 3.5 EB
Occupation
retired
If you have the widget, go to the bottom and click on "Advanced Info", then "View OTA Update Info".

On mine I can read the OTA deployments with the most recent one being the 1.7.1 update and it shows the latest status as failure.
Well there is a lot of "no data", a coiple of dates from January and a couple from Feb. At the very bottom I see Version 2.0.0. Would that be it?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
So... I just called my dealer and they claim that Ford is working on an OTA fix that will be released "sometime in April" that will care for this.

My BS meter is going off, but if true that would be the ideal solution. Has anyone else called their dealer on this?
I'm with you. Your dealer doesn't want to deal with it yet. If Ford had an OTA update that would fix this they would not have released this TSB. This has been stuck long enough that if they had an OTA update that would fix this in just another few weeks without service having to touch your truck I don't think they would have ever released this TSB and directed so many in to the dealers. This could be expensive for Ford.

ColoradoHunter

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR, 4X4, AMB, FX4
Occupation
Retired
I'm with you. Your dealer doesn't want to deal with it yet. If Ford had an OTA update that would fix this they would not have released this TSB. This has been stuck long enough that if they had an OTA update that would fix this in just another few weeks without service having to touch your truck I don't think they would have ever released this TSB and directed so many in to the dealers. This could be expensive for Ford.
I agree, no way they pay dealers to do this as warranty if an OTA is only a few weeks away to fix it.

Sponsored

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Well there is a lot of "no data", a coiple of dates from January and a couple from Feb. At the very bottom I see Version 2.0.0. Would that be it?
Here is what mine says. You can also go to Fordpass as look at your messages and you should be able to find the one that tells you when you received an OTA deployment. Mine was 1.4.

Ford F-150 Lightning 1.7.1 install failed (no OTA "fix") Fix now at dealers 1648121913033

Lugusthedog

First Name
Lugus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Maxtow 3.5 EB
Occupation
retired
Here is what mine says. You can also go to Fordpass as look at your messages and you should be able to find the one that tells you when you received an OTA deployment. Mine was 1.4.

1648121913033.png
Thanks, My info looks similar, even date info is close, but the widget does not have a section on OTA DEPLOYMENTS.

Refactoringdr

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 2023 Lightning Platinum (ER)
Mine’s at the dealer right now. I had to loan them a usb->Ethernet adapter to do the TSB as Ford doesn’t supply them.

MikeYQM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost | 2013 BMW M3 Comp
Thanks, My info looks similar, even date info is close, but the widget does not have a section on OTA DEPLOYMENTS.
My truck is at the dealer, I had an OTA Deployments section this morning but don’t anymore. Wonder if they applied the fix?

Sponsored

Refactoringdr

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 2023 Lightning Platinum (ER)
They are working on it. I know it’s going to take awhile. I expect a couple days.

MikeYQM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@MikeYQM , @Refactoringdr, and anyone else who had their truck at the dealer today. Did they get you updated?
Im not sure. I have it at the dealer getting BlueCruise installed, and I asked late if they could do this. I can’t say for sure whether they did it yet or not, doesn’t look like it would take very long though.

ChiefD

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150
Mine has been at the dealer for the last 3 days to update the SW. Today was a good news/bad news day.
Good New there is a TSB fix for your truck.
Bad News we don't have the parts.
Good News we were able to update the running board SW.
Bad News now they don't work at all.

Here is hoping they don't have it all weekend.

Props to my service writer for being very communicative about everything. I get text updates every afternoon.

• Wow
Reactions: GDN

MikeYQM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just tried to perform the Module Update Repair and got this message. I wonder if it’s actually going to work.

Ford F-150 Lightning 1.7.1 install failed (no OTA "fix") Fix now at dealers AAFFF850-38A3-429F-BEE1-11C0AC3FD39C

FordConvert

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB 502A
Occupation
Builder
Dropped the truck off this morning requesting they perform TSB 22-2117. Picked it up this afternoon and was told nothing worked and Ford tech line admitted that the TSB’s aren’t working either. Said they’ll have something “in May”.
Sponsored