• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Replika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MR. PLOW - ER Lariat
Don't forget the range for some reason isn't as different as it is on paper.

On paper the Pro gets 230miles. The GoM puts me at 200 miles @ 90% SoC on a regular basis. My efficiency was regularly 2.0-2.3mi/kWh.

On paper my Lariat gets 320 miles. The GoM puts me at 240 miles @ 90% SoC on a regular basis. My efficiency is regularly 1.8-2.1mi/kWh. Even turning everything off, I have a really tough time maintaining even 2.0mi/kWh.

In my experience the battery is 30% larger but the efficiency is 10%-20% less despite the EPA numbers. The ownership experience and view of the truck between the two is amazingly different.
Yeah, I can confirm that too. A lot of the time I think the ER is really more like the SR 240 mile range in real use. Never once even saw an extrapolated 300 miles on the GOM and Iā€™m in a warm weather state. The few times Iā€™ve charged to 100% after highway driving (75 mph) it said 220-240 miles.

However, Iā€™ve also not had an issue on long (600-800) mile trips as far as charging and trip times are concerned.
Sponsored

MidniteMayor

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Platinum
Pulling fuse 32 worked for me to restore connectivity and the next day the 4.2.1 Power Up update arrived OTA. I had previous had updates performed by dealer service department for TSB 23-2050 which had greatly improved the issue (previously ~4 days between restoring & losing connectivity) as it took three weeks for it to fail after the TSB updates.
UPDATE: After getting TSB 23-2050 from service appointment and Power-up 4.2.1 via OTA Iā€™ve now received 4.2.1.2 power up via OTA. This update specifically calls out the modem connectivity.
Ford F-150 Lightning Confirmed Fix for MY23 FordPass Connectivity Issue = 4.2.1 PowerUp OTA Update 97D91B98-4765-41F0-87FA-28BDD68527C7

ZSLC

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lariat Extended
@Mike G ran my VIN and saw I had an update waiting (Thank you!). On his advice I pulled the fuse (again). Nothing overnight, then when I went to lunch today the 4.2.1.2 update had run. While that is great news I am curious why this would run during the day and not overnight (1:00 AM) when I have updates scheduled?

Not complaining, just curious.

OP
OP

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
@Mike G ran my VIN and saw I had an update waiting (Thank you!). On his advice I pulled the fuse (again). Nothing overnight, then when I went to lunch today the 4.2.1.2 update had run. While that is great news I am curious why this would run during the day and not overnight (1:00 AM) when I have updates scheduled?

Not complaining, just curious.
Scheduled updates are only for updates requiring your vehicle to be off. All these other updates will download and be applied whether or not you have scheduled updates configured and whether or not you have Automatic Updates on.

Sponsored
OP
OP

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
ok I reported I had the modem failure after the update.

I want to change that to now I have been up and running a week after my last 12v disconnect so it may <knock on wood> be fixed.
That's awesome to hear. Since I recieved 4.2.1 I have also been connected without issue. I'm very optimistic we're good now.

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
That's awesome to hear. Since I recieved 4.2.1 I have also been connected without issue. I'm very optimistic we're good now.
So while my FP has worked consistently since getting 4.2.1 (and 4.2.1.2 a few days later) I can't say the same for the mobile hotspot. I had to pull the battery this morning to get the hotspot to function again after waiting 5 days hoping it would clear on its own. So....progress...but still something jacked. In the past Youtube, FordPass, and Hotspot would all go out at the same time and a disconnect would restore all.

So far the hotspot has just been this once. I'll report if it happens again.

OP
OP

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
So while my FP has worked consistently since getting 4.2.1 (and 4.2.1.2 a few days later) I can't say the same for the mobile hotspot. I had to pull the battery this morning to get the hotspot to function again after waiting 5 days hoping it would clear on its own. So....progress...but still something jacked. In the past Youtube, FordPass, and Hotspot would all go out at the same time and a disconnect would restore all.

So far the hotspot has just been this once. I'll report if it happens again.
Good to know!

I, personally, haven't tried the hotspot. Please report back if it happens again so @Ford Motor Company can see.

Pdxguy

First Name
La
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E FE, Toyota Tacoma, Audi
Just got 4.2.1 today. Had the 4.1.1 update Jan 24. Have not done anything except going back and moving the toggle to connect to Wi-fi back on as it seemed to go off more than once.
Well, for the record I finally got 4.2.2.2 yesterday. Great to have the volume knob versatility after having MachE envy for a while!

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
Well, for the record I finally got 4.2.2.2 yesterday. Great to have the volume knob versatility after having MachE envy for a while!
Still on 4.2.1.2 since 03/24/23 on my 2023 and patiently waiting for 4.2.2.2 so I can get my volume knob versatility. Lol šŸ˜‚
Sponsored