• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
Sales of the all-new F-150 Lightning continue to ramp up. In June, Ford sold 1,837 F-150 Lightnings, while more than 75 percent of people who reserved an F-150 Lightning came from other competitive brands. In the short time F-150 Lightning has been on sale, Ford has sold a total of 2,296 trucks, taking the lead in the segment during the month of June.

Ford F-150 Lightning 1,837 F-150 Lightnings Sold in June 2022 ford-june-2022-sales-report-summary-jpg-

Ford F-150 Lightning 1,837 F-150 Lightnings Sold in June 2022 ford-june-2022-sales-jpg-

Ford F-150 Lightning 1,837 F-150 Lightnings Sold in June 2022 ford-june-2022-inventory-jpg-

Ford F-150 Lightning 1,837 F-150 Lightnings Sold in June 2022 ford-june-2022-production-jpg-
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
and, to put that number in perspective, that's not even enough trucks to provide even a single Demo unit to each of their dealers, much less fulfill even a fraction of the customer orders...

OP
OP

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
I believe this officially means they've fallen short on maxing the 200k EV tax rebate total for Q2 since the mach E sales were down for the month. That means the rebate should be fully safe for the 2022 year.

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Iced Blue Silver Lariat ER, 2nd Wave
Occupation
Sales
Their "roll-out" is more resembling that of a start-up than that of a well-heeled production builder.

Sponsored

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I believe this officially means they've fallen short on maxing the 200k EV tax rebate total for Q2 since the mach E sales were down for the month. That means the rebate should be fully safe for the 2022 year.
If there's been one positive with the Ford EV recalls, it is that more people going into MY23 will be receiving a rebate. Now that we passed Q2, hopefully the ramp up in production happens more expeditiously, but things aren't all doom and gloom just yet.

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Perhaps not all doom and gloom yet but as my truck rolled off the plant 7 weeks ago to God knows where and interest rates continue to rise @Ford Motor Company had better figure it out - quick!

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Rising rates and a recession do not make for a strong auto market.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Rising rates and a recession do not make for a strong auto market.
Agree - not to mention that some people who reserved a year ago, now find it either prohibitively expensive to finance or end up abandoning their orders.

I am bummed that the Lightning won't have the appealing Ford Options financing that I originally wanted (similar to the MME)...

Sponsored

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
The first Lightning retail sale was much celebrated on May 26th and that was local to MI. So I am trying to reconcile the numbers in the report:
"Sales of the all-new F-150 Lightning continue to ramp up. In June, Ford sold 1,837 F-150 Lightnings,.... ...In the short time F-150 Lightning has been on sale, Ford has sold a total of 2,296 trucks,..."

The difference between 2,296 and 1,837 is 459 units. I don't think Ford could have sold 459 units to retail customers in May unless either Dealer Mannequins count in these numbers or if they had a huge fleet delivery in May?

Or, does Ford count sales when they are loaded onto some form of Transport heading toward the dealerships? E.G. 459 retail sales units were loaded in May and another 1,837 were loaded in June?

You would think if the delivery of dealer mannequins counted towards the number it would be higher than 2,296 total trucks delivered as I think most mannequins (about 2,400) have been delivered.

Edit, Did Ford forget to add the Rouge plant to their spreadsheet? Are the Or are they trying to bury Lightning numbers in with Dearborn F-150's?
Ford F-150 Lightning 1,837 F-150 Lightnings Sold in June 2022 1657037520607

Last edited:

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
I don't think Ford could have sold 459 units to retail customers in May
Why not? There's almost a week between May 26th and June 1st. Counting the 26th and 31st, there were six days to deliver vehicles to customers before the 1st.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
'sold' versus 'produced', etc., are terms you might not actually find the answer for, as the meaning can 'mean' different things to different people - but, the reality is that once the vehicle has been 'built', the DEALER is now the 'customer' who the vehicle has been 'sold' to, even if it hasn't yet left the factory lot - even when we customers 'order' a vehicle, it is technically the DEALER's inventory until we sign and pay. So, yes, Ford can submit that they have 'sold' so-many units, since it's such a technical term in these regards.
We might can argue about who is responsible for the vehicle between the 'built' date and the date the vehicle is actually off-loaded at the Dealer's lot, but that is likely the transport company.

I delivered many brand new MOTORHOMES from many factories in north Indiana back several years ago, for a while. Each manufacturer has different ways to 'stage' their built vehicles, which are then picked up by the transport company driver(me), via the instructions from the transport company who is in charge of delivering that unit. Typically, the manufacturer uses one single transport company, with a staging lot nearby, where the units are driven to when they leave the factory, by transport company employees or drivers, but NOT by the factory's workers. The transport company then hires the driver to come and drive it to the dealer, which could be 300 miles away, or 2,000 miles away. The staging lot might be manned, or it might simply be a satellite lot, with a coded gate.

I think that Ford has many logistics that come into play with all their various models and factory locations and transport logistics. Some of those 'chip hold' vehicles are probably at some designated lot where other 'ready to ship' vehicles are not, but there WILL be staging lots for factory ready-to-ship vehicles, and probably SEVERAL, since the backlog of shipping and transport has created such a need. These are the ups and downs of the difference between the ability to build so-many vehicles per day by the factory, and yet only so-many can only be transported - it's probably a logistical nightmare that few of us would want to be involved in.

and, to add as to 'why' I no longer drive or transport motorhomes, it's a combination of a lot of differing negative reasons: first, you don't have control over when and where you go - the transport company determines that. second, you are responsible for all fuel to your destination, good MPG or not, and they only start any motorhome with 1/4 tank - with few fuel stations in the first hundred miles - it's a ridiculous way to start a cross-country delivery. third, many times the motorhome has issues BEFORE you even sit in the driver's seat - either the 12v systems have failed and you can't even open the door, or the key in the ignition does nothing, or the GPS will not operate, or the backing camera is blank, etc., it can be all over the place - QC seems to be lacking from the get-go. fourth, the transport company wants you to 'not' sleep in the motorhome's bed when you have an overnight trip, which the vast majority are, if not MULTIPLE nights. O.k., so where are you going to sleep then? Get a hotel? not happening on such little pay.
fifth, the transport company wants to know why you aren't 'there yet'... and yet DOT Hours of Service rules don't allow you to drive but so-many hours per day, and even if you get caught up into SEVERE traffic, whether in a metro area at morning or evening hours, or even if it's just an accident on the interstate, the clock is STILL ticking. No wonder you see so many 18-wheelers pulled over along interstate on/off ramps, parked. They must. They have no other choice. Crazy.
I appreciate my Lightning transport truck driver, but, please hurry :)

Last edited:

Skidrowe

First Name
Gideon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning ER, 2014 Honda Pilot
Based on the info from here: https://evadoption.com/ev-sales/federal-ev-tax-credit-phase-out-tracker-by-automaker/
Manufacturer*
Total Sales
2010 - June 2020
Total Sales
2010 - Dec 31, 2021
# To
Reach
Tesla605,3731,090,134-890,134
General Motors234,523271,718-71,718
Nissan144,913164,25235,748
Toyota Motor Corporation127,593192,3427,658
Ford Motor Company123,030160,58039,420

It looks like we're pretty good for the rest of this year because they reported 22,979 EV sales in the first half of the year. So they still have to sell 16,441 to trigger the countdown to the reduction of the EV credit.
Sponsored