• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

10 days to fix battery monitor sensor - CSP23B70

Shawnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model 3, Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Dev
WHY DO I KEEP HEARING THIS. You all have the most stupid dealers possible. If my dealer told me my perfectly working vehicle had to stay on the lot and sit there while the part was in the mail I would just drive down the road 10 minutes and talk to the next ford dealer. Do you live in “One-Ford Towns”?
Sponsored

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
I called my local ford dealer today to address CSP23B70 which is the LVB monitor sensor. The letter from Ford says this should take a half day. My dealer said they could not order parts until they had my truck. It will take five days to order parts once they have it then five days to install as they said the entire HVB has to come off for the service. Thus they said I’ll be without my truck for at least 10 days (they are giving me a loaner). Anyone else hearing similar? Seems crazy that such a small software/hardware update requires 10 days.
@Truckdriver1880

welcome to my world. We live 100’s miles apart but apparently we have the same service dept,

I’ve lost count but I’m something over 65 days in 6 visits all for minor things. 2 times they sent me home with truck to wait for parts.

‘then we come here or Facebook and read about these guys that had this same item done in 1 hour at the dealer or mobile service.

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
WHY DO I KEEP HEARING THIS. You all have the most stupid dealers possible. If my dealer told me my perfectly working vehicle had to stay on the lot and sit there while the part was in the mail I would just drive down the road 10 minutes and talk to the next ford dealer. Do you live in “One-Ford Towns”?
@Shawnson

here you but 35miles each way is a huge time waster as well, not knowing if they’ll keep,the truck too.

i schedule my appointments weeks in advance and it still sits there untouched for days.

LazyLightningATX

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lariat ER
Dealer I bought from is 40 miles away. Dealer I am trying to work with is closest EV service dealer to work. Service for EV closest to my home has absolutely HORRIBLE reviews and the one time I called them about the CSP from last fall the guy was such an asshole on the phone about appointments that I'll never call them again. I got one other EV certified dealer within 50 miles I think...

Shawnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model 3, Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Dev
@Shawnson

here you but 35miles each way is a huge time waster as well, not knowing if they’ll keep,the truck too.

i schedule my appointments weeks in advance and it still sits there untouched for days.
Untouched for days? My goodness! I feel sorry for that dealers spouse!

Sponsored

Jseis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
July 2021 SR MME, July 2023, Lightning Lariat
Not sure how anyone in this thread is being a 'crybaby' for complaining that Ford service is inept. Has nothing to do with being an early adopter. This is a $20 part (that exists on non EVs) that takes less than 30 minutes to swap and we've got advisers telling people they have to remove their entire HVB.
My tech was right on that explaining that the initial “repairs” where complete LVb swaps, long diagnostic analysis, only to discover it was the BSM going wonky. Point being my truck took it in stride, never once blinked. Always started, ran, and of course no OTA. But I’m patient, driven far worse factory errors. Like I say go buy something else and the dealer system does have fatal flaws. But at least my Ford dealer is 17 miles near. Tesla like 124 miles for other than mobile repairs.

50 years later a moon lander breaks a leg. Buck up kiddies!

RST

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 35d, VW ID.4, '23' Lightning Pro, & 4 Bikes
Occupation
Retired
I am getting close to ordering the damn $20 part myself and putting in on, not like there is any skill whatsoever needed for this one...which makes the situation above with the must be an EV tech hilarious!
This is exactly what I did. Ordered part # ML3Z-10C679-B, from a Ford dealer online. It took less than 15 minutes to replace. Mine was $30 including shipping and tax...well worth it to me. The original was working fine, so now I have a spare to boot.

s3254

First Name
ISAAC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 FORD LIGHTNING
I called my local ford dealer today to address CSP23B70 which is the LVB monitor sensor. The letter from Ford says this should take a half day. My dealer said they could not order parts until they had my truck. It will take five days to order parts once they have it then five days to install as they said the entire HVB has to come off for the service. Thus they said I’ll be without my truck for at least 10 days (they are giving me a loaner). Anyone else hearing similar? Seems crazy that such a small software/hardware update requires 10 days.
should have ordered your self, got it in 3 days from "OEM FORD PARTS" it took 5 min to install..

jefrank

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2004 BMW 330Ci
My dealer had no problem ordering the part first and then came to pick the truck up when it was in. Had it back in the driveway about 6 hours later.

Sponsored

Jseis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
July 2021 SR MME, July 2023, Lightning Lariat
Not sure how anyone in this thread is being a 'crybaby' for complaining that Ford service is inept. Has nothing to do with being an early adopter. This is a $20 part (that exists on non EVs) that takes less than 30 minutes to swap and we've got advisers telling people they have to remove their entire HVB.
For gear heads it is a no-brainer to self repair.. but as the truck never failed me ever, I rolled with it till it gets fixed under warranty. The Astoria Ford rep commented that when the first error codes appeared, the responses where all over the boards, from HVB module swaps, to cell diagnostics, to eventual BMS throwing bad codes and/or setting off other error messages that began to interfere with OTA, which became a kludge of a cascade. Makes riding a horse seem simple until you realize their outstanding peripheral vision will freeze them in their tracks as they process “approaching risk” and throw you on the stop or toss you on the getaway 😂!

Modern tech has a long way to go! I’m not going to Mars anytime boom soon!

ddimit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla model S 2023 F150 Lightning Lairat
Occupation
Manager
This is exactly what I did. Ordered part # ML3Z-10C679-B, from a Ford dealer online. It took less than 15 minutes to replace. Mine was $30 including shipping and tax...well worth it to me. The original was working fine, so now I have a spare to boot.
Where did you get it for that price? I'm not seeing it that cheap. It's worth it for $30 to do it myself that deal with the dealer.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick, mustang
Lots of good info. Thanks all. Sounds like I need to push back on dealer having truck for so long and encourage them to get the job done faster!

and for whoever mentioned trying another dealer, this one is my closest at 70 mins round trip. My next nearest is 130mins round trip and they don’t have an EV tech. Pain of not living in a big city.

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
Lots of good info. Thanks all. Sounds like I need to push back on dealer having truck for so long and encourage them to get the job done faster!

and for whoever mentioned trying another dealer, this one is my closest at 70 mins round trip. My next nearest is 130mins round trip and they don’t have an EV tech. Pain of not living in a big city.
Mine was replaced using mobile service. Does your dealer offer mobile service?
Sponsored