• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

10 K Refund.

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
To me this is just like mileage. I never kept as close an eye on my ICE truck miles but watch the EV like a hawk. Same with price fluctuations. Never followed so closely before but now, easy to get info magnified. would be a nice guest Ute of rewards in FordPass for us ‘23 folks but I am not expecting it.
Sponsored

CliffGF150

First Name
Clifford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
Occupation
Sales
Same boat. Bought mine on July 5th. I wouldn't be as upset if I had just missed out on a sale but it's the fact that the MSRP is what was changed. This being the 3rd MSRP change in a model year is ridiculous in my opinion.
And impact to Sales Tax and Excise tax in Many States based on MSRP.

OP
OP

TerryNelsen

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Electrician
What year model do you have? I’d like ford to send me a check. I have a 2023 XLT with options
I have the same truck as yours.

CliffGF150

First Name
Clifford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
Occupation
Sales
Nope, because 1) it's not a real truck -- it's unibody BS, 2) it's going to be priced above the F150.
I would not be so sure the Cyber Truck will be more. Tesla Undercut all of ford’s EV pricing in seconds a short time ago. Plus they have the $billions in payments from the big 3 to help them sell at a loss. We shall see soon.

HammaHamma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
PB, MME, ST
I would not be so sure the Cyber Truck will be more. Tesla Undercut all of ford’s EV pricing in seconds a short time ago. Plus they have the $billions in payments from the big 3 to help them sell at a loss. We shall see soon.
Tesla will float the price as high as they can for as long as they can. Their pricing is based solely on their ability to sell what they can produce. If they need 5 price drops in 6 months, they'll do it. They're cut-throat at this game. They're going to produce premium higher trims as much as they can, spend zero on advertising, and laugh all the way to the bank. Their core vehicle architecture and systems are shared between ALL of their vehicles.

This TRUCK will have a 0-60 under 3 seconds, ~1100HP, carry at least 1 ton of payload (possible 3klb), and tow more than any F150. As for pricing, well once again, most of the components are shared. Go look at the plaid variants and expect pricing in the same ball park for the HALO variants. Even the ER twin motor variant will outspec the lightning, complete with the ability to OTA the 'performance' variant for a few grand. This is all good news for those interested in the lightning and haven't yet pulled the trigger. Nov / Dec will likely be one of the earliest times one would want to place an order. The boxytruck will probably out sell the lightning this year and the first one hasn't even been delivered.

Sponsored
OP
OP

TerryNelsen

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Electrician
Tesla will float the price as high as they can for as long as they can. Their pricing is based solely on their ability to sell what they can produce. If they need 5 price drops in 6 months, they'll do it. They're cut-throat at this game. They're going to produce premium higher trims as much as they can, spend zero on advertising, and laugh all the way to the bank. Their core vehicle architecture and systems are shared between ALL of their vehicles.

This TRUCK will have a 0-60 under 3 seconds, ~1100HP, carry at least 1 ton of payload (possible 3klb), and tow more than any F150. As for pricing, well once again, most of the components are shared. Go look at the plaid variants and expect pricing in the same ball park for the HALO variants. Even the ER twin motor variant will outspec the lightning, complete with the ability to OTA the 'performance' variant for a few grand. This is all good news for those interested in the lightning and haven't yet pulled the trigger. Nov / Dec will likely be one of the earliest times one would want to place an order. The boxytruck will probably out sell the lightning this year and the first one hasn't even been delivered.
My opinion is that the ones who went thru the process of reserving a truck and waiting 2 years to get one should get the truck at the price that it was when they reserved it.all of us original 200000 deserve that.

jbw

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Occupation
ceo
I think that all of us that paid the extra 10K before the price reduction should talk about what as a group we should do?
i agree. there should be a class action lawsuit for recoup at least part of reduction for anyone that paid full price approx. 60 days prior to $8k price cut.

there are several postings regarding class action on the TESLA price cuts although i don't see any particular law firm pursuing yet.

if interested google search "lawsuit Tesla price reduction"

HammaHamma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
PB, MME, ST
My opinion is that the ones who went thru the process of reserving a truck and waiting 2 years to get one should get the truck at the price that it was when they reserved it.all of us original 200000 deserve that.
Yeah, but they didn't. That's one of the reasons for so many cancelations. That and playing with the limited runs of pros.

viennaxmas

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
I don’t think we are talking about a large number of customers between the early 2023 price increase and the recent drop.

as some said, we are early adopters of Ford venturing into the truck EV market which also means that we talk a lot about the trucks.
A happy customer usually inspires one or two others to become interested.
A dissatisfied customer will spread the word and infect 10 others interested.

Ford had managed to gain a lot of buyers new to Ford. I am one of them, never would even think about buying a Ford. They convinced me with the concept of the Lightning.

Two weeks I to ownership, I am disappointed. Not by the truck but by Ford itself.
The below is a good suggestion. Give out some goodies.

@Ford Motor Company - maybe you can raise this with the powers

A token effort (big Fordpass Rewards points drop, free Ford accessories credit, free Blue Oval charging credits, etc. etc.) to compensate pre-reduction buyers would have gone a long way toward soothing the inevitable hard feelings, among a group that Ford shouldn’t want to alienate.

OP
OP

TerryNelsen

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Electrician
With respect there are numerous posts here that warned you this was going to happen.

Stay tuned. When the Cybertruck is priced there will be another price reduction.
I did not just walk into a dealship one day and buy my truck. I reserved my truck two years ago and was enticed by the price ford had given us . Fast forward after waiting 2 years I'm told the truck is 10k higher that is BS .we all can't afford an extra 10k . When a company entices you buy price and you save your money for a down payment and then they change it that is wrong in so many ways.. maybe you have 10k laying around but be thoughtful of the people who do not.

Sponsored

intensifi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
I did not just walk into a dealship one day and buy my truck. I reserved my truck two years ago and was enticed by the price ford had given us . Fast forward after waiting 2 years I'm told the truck is 10k higher that is BS .we all can't afford an extra 10k . When a company entices you buy price and you save your money for a down payment and then they change it that is wrong in so many ways.. maybe you have 10k laying around but be thoughtful of the people who do not.
I completely empathize!

I walked from my order when that happened to me. Plus they removed items! Plus they told me the '25 was going to be way better than the one I was thinking of ordering.

Thus I said: See ya!

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I for one would be happy if we were offered things like free plug n charge and blue cruise for a number of years considering many of us 23 Lariat ER owners will be with the trucks until we get all 86K of value out of them lol.

OP
OP

TerryNelsen

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Electrician
I completely empathize!

I walked from my order when that happened to me. Plus they removed items! Plus they told me the '25 was going to be way better than the one I was thinking of ordering.

Thus I said: See ya!
THANK YOU.

OP
OP

TerryNelsen

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Electrician
I for one would be happy if we were offered things like free plug n charge and blue cruise for a number of years considering many of us 23 Lariat ER owners will be with the trucks until we get all 86K of value out of them lol.
I agree.
Sponsored