• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

100 Mile Lariat ER Avalanche Review

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
"Need" is a strong word. ;) I don't need much, but they were included when I ordered the truck and they just disappeared without notice or compensation.

Side mirrors often frost over night in Northern CA, so having the heated defrost is nice. Plus, I spend time in Tahoe during snow season where both the heated steering wheel and heated mirrors would have been nice.
Ah, Nor Cal does get colder inland than So Cal where I am.

How does one turn on the heated mirrors - is it tied to the defrost button or heated steering button?

Since I never use any of the heating stuff (climate, seats, steering, windows, mirrors, etc) guess it's a waste of accessories for me....
Sponsored

khatch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150, 2021 Bronco, 2023 Lightning
Yes it's confusing because it is supposed to be part of the package. It might even be if you hit the check box that it would be included at no extra charge if you already have the 511A package. Not sure.

Either way, I didn't want it originally, so I'm ok with it being gone, just surprised. An aftermarket (lockable) drawer system is much better than having to raise the rear seats to get at stuff for me.
I ordered the lariat ER and accidentally also added the under seat storage. I say accidentally because I wanted it, but didn’t realize it was listed in the package. They are charging me for it. Now, seeing this, I guess I may not have gotten it after all if I had not added It. And I’m also realizing I might not need it since I get a trunk. I seem to always keep me guessing.

BzzzzztZapPow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Explorer Hybrid, 18 Fusion Hybrid, 22 Lightning
Ah, Nor Cal does get colder inland than So Cal where I am.

How does one turn on the heated mirrors - is it tied to the defrost button or heated steering button?

Since I never use any of the heating stuff (climate, seats, steering, windows, mirrors, etc) guess it's a waste of accessories for me....
For the Lariat (15" screen), heated mirrors are tied to the rear window defrost. For models the 12" screen, there is a separate button.

jberg150

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 lightning xlt
For the Lariat (15" screen), heated mirrors are tied to the rear window defrost. For models the 12" screen, there is a separate button.
I have a 23 xlt and verified the other day that the heated mirrors are tied to the rear window defrost as well, no separate button.

Sponsored

BzzzzztZapPow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Explorer Hybrid, 18 Fusion Hybrid, 22 Lightning
I have a 23 xlt and verified the other day that the heated mirrors are tied to the rear window defrost as well, no separate button.
Oops...was reading the 2022 owner's manual for model with the 12" screen.

OP
OP

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Not sure, you might have them as well, I would turn on your rear window defrost and check.
Yes! My mistake. I just tested it and I do have heated side mirrors and it is attached to the rear defrost button. Weird that the window sticker changed the language and nothing lists the feature, but it's there.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Yes! My mistake. I just tested it and I do have heated side mirrors and it is attached to the rear defrost button. Weird that the window sticker changed the language and nothing lists the feature, but it's there.
Gotta love when someone whines about something before checking anything even when three people posted in your own post how to use it. If Ford removed it they would have to notify you upon purchasing the vehicle.

OP
OP

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Gotta love when someone whines about something before checking anything even when three people posted in your own post how to use it
Gotta love it when xxxxx chime in on something that has nothing to do with them. I did check it after they mentioned it. That's why I said I made an error.

Last edited:

Sponsored

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Gotta love it when dickheads chime in on something that has nothing to do with them.
I have a 23' being built and your posting wrong information. People are already worried about builds and stuff being removed. Do some research before posting incorrect information

OP
OP

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I have a 23' being built and your posting wrong information. People are already worried about builds and stuff being removed. Do some research before posting incorrect information
I already updated every place where I said the heated mirrors were missing before your pointless comment.

The mirrors don't have any heated symbols on them, Ford removed the words 'heated mirrors' in the window sticker, no buttons are marked for the side view mirror heating -- so it looked like it wasn't there (but it is).

Last edited:

Replika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MR. PLOW - ER Lariat
I would say it's very quiet below 50mph-ish, but as you get towards 70mph the wind noise becomes significant and more than you would get in an S-class type vehicle. I'm not sure if the Platinum trims are somehow even more quiet.

I'm not bothered by it though. Overall, it's pretty quiet, which is a relief for those long trips.
FWIW, I drove an ER lariat today and noticed a lot of wind noise at around 60-65 mph. Definitely more than the other Lightnings I drove. Road noise was exceptionally low. This particular example had 6,000 miles on it. The difference was enough to make me wonder if something was wrong. The truck also had a rattle, and the leather seats looked like garbage.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I already updated every place where I said the heated mirrors were missing before your pointless comment.

The mirrors don't have any heated symbols on them, Ford removed the words 'heated mirrors' in the window sticker, no buttons are marked for the side view mirrors.
MY23 Pro with Tow Tech, this is my heated mirrors button. I would imagine all MY23 XLT are the same because of the 12" screen and space below it.

Ford F-150 Lightning 100 Mile Lariat ER Avalanche Review 20221207_002733

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
From what I read, the option for the foldable lockable storage wasn't changed to option on the BP until Mid Sept. Those who ordered first week of Sept have a case.
Sponsored