• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2022 Lightning Lariat ER - High Voltage Battery Problem / Drivetrain - Stop Now

HJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, F150 Lightning, DMG Mach-E GTPE
Charged last night (at home L2), got the milage calculator update, and drove to work fine. Left for the 2-mile drive to lunch and the got the message to stop safely now (20% power). Hoped that maybe letting it sit there would clear it up but no such luck. After 4 1/2 hours of waiting on the tow truck, and the dealership telling me that that they won't have time to look at it till next week, drove the truck home on reduced power.

Third time to the dealer for repair (twice water in leakage thru roof) in under a year and <5000 miles. I keep making excuses for Ford making crap quality but I am just out of excuses (waiting on the Mach-E to stop one day since it has the bad contactor problem that Ford is just not willing to make a general recall for). Love driving the truck (and Mach-E) but this is just ridiculous.

Sorry for taking peoples' time. Needed to vent after sitting outside for 4 1/2 hrs waiting on a tow on a hot Georgia summer day (thought I'd be good and not stress the battery with AC and sat outside the truck, my mistake).
Sponsored

Robilium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning, Tesla S, X, F350 Diesel
Check out my profile pic

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Charged last night (at home L2), got the milage calculator update, and drove to work fine. Left for the 2-mile drive to lunch and the got the message to stop safely now (20% power). Hoped that maybe letting it sit there would clear it up but no such luck. After 4 1/2 hours of waiting on the tow truck, and the dealership telling me that that they won't have time to look at it till next week, drove the truck home on reduced power.

Third time to the dealer for repair (twice water in leakage thru roof) in under a year and <5000 miles. I keep making excuses for Ford making crap quality but I am just out of excuses (waiting on the Mach-E to stop one day since it has the bad contactor problem that Ford is just not willing to make a general recall for). Love driving the truck (and Mach-E) but this is just ridiculous.

Sorry for taking peoples' time. Needed to vent after sitting outside for 4 1/2 hrs waiting on a tow on a hot Georgia summer day (thought I'd be good and not stress the battery with AC and sat outside the truck, my mistake).
I am hoping that you've just had a bit of rough luck on the Lightning. I have a 2022 Mach-E now for a year now and haven't had any physical issues - very reliable and predictable. 2023 Lightning for 6 months and again, not one physical issue - reliable and predictable. I have a few annoyances on design and software that Ford seems to be fixing as we go forward - much has happened in the past year to fix the glitches. I'm hoping most have had a similar experience as me and it stays that way.

DanielM92563

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning ER, Taycan CrossTursimo4, 23 Canyon
I’ve had two MachEs for a total of 13k miles and no issues, and now my Lightning with 14k miles with no issues until last week when I got the same error you did. Other people said it correlated to a recent update, mine did as well (the following day). It’s at the dealer now, I was told it’s a bad battery module but they are still looking into it. I wish I had a loaner F150 but instead I have an older Ford Expedition rental from Enterprise the dealer is paying for. I love the Lightning so for now I’m accepting that things happen. My wife has a Taycan and her cars been at the dealer for 3 weeks now waiting on replacement door handles 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored