• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning High voltage Battery warning

Arni

First Name
Arni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning 2022
Occupation
Contractor
Lightning has been 30 days in the shop at Galpin Ford, biggest dealer and service in So Cal. Parts as of yesterday 8/25/23 have yet to show up. Ford has no idea how to fix this issue.
I know of one other Lightning same issues and it’s going on 60 days in the shop next week.
Sponsored

Shorevet

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco, GT500, Ranger, Corvette
Occupation
Retired
Having same issue. Both of my ford pickups (Lightning and Ranger) in the shop for weeks. These Lightnings where introduced with issues and I’m sure Ford knows it. Get the sale and fix on failure and let the customer deal with the impact. Reliability is a very big issue with Ford. I will be selling my Lightning, at a significant loss I’m sure, as soon as I get it back. I need a reliable truck.

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
Having same issue. Both of my ford pickups (Lightning and Ranger) in the shop for weeks. These Lightnings where introduced with issues and I’m sure Ford knows it. Get the sale and fix on failure and let the customer deal with the impact. Reliability is a very big issue with Ford. I will be selling my Lightning, at a significant loss I’m sure, as soon as I get it back. I need a reliable truck.
David, you could possibly ask Ford to buy it back if it's issue is that severe. I've heard of a few other instances where owners have done that successfully.

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
@Ford Motor Company,
I request your posted response to Shorevet's issues.
Not the "send me your VIN and dealer name" reply. All credibility has been lost with that one.
There are hundreds, and likely thousands, of us who are having similar experiences.
You have an opportunity to state your position with your target market audience here.
Best Regards,
Lytning

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
are hundreds, and likely thousands, of us who are having similar experiences
LOL, there are likely not even hundreds. Unfortunately, they can't get the modules out in a timely fashion.

What's even worse is that this isn't just Ford, it isn't just EVs, it's the industry in general.

My coworkers brand new tundra blew the engine 2 months ago and it's still not back.

Sponsored

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
LOL, there are likely not even hundreds. Unfortunately, they can't get the modules out in a timely fashion.

What's even worse is that this isn't just Ford, it isn't just EVs, it's the industry in general.

My coworkers brand new tundra blew the engine 2 months ago and it's still not back.
Well, I am not LOL. My truck had a service appointment set up by the Ford BEV team 5 weeks in advance. My truck has been parked in the same spot in the dealership parking lot for 4 weeks since the appointment date. The battery module was delivered 6 weeks ago.

I should have been more clear in my post, but I did not restrict my comments to just the Lightning or the battery module replacement. MotorTrend reported that Ford has stated 350 Lightnings are involved in the 23H01 HV battery module replacement program. I suspect the actual number is much larger, since mine is the third one at my dealership. Ford has recalled 49,000 Mach E's for HV contactor issues. The recall apparently does not correct the problem, and NHTSA has opened an investigation involving 65,000 Mach E's. A Mach E just left my dealership's shop after being there since May. The rear lightbar replacement involves 17,000 Lightnings. Throw the Wiper Motor recall into the mix, and that adds another 550,000 trucks. So, I should have stated " There are thousands, and likely tens of thousands, of us who are having similar experiences."

All of these, and more not listed, Ford factory defects have completely overwhelmed the service capacity at the dealerships. The battery module replacement on my truck is being delayed by all the other recalls and warranty work the dealership has to repair before they can get to mine. Our costly vehicles sit parked at dealerships for weeks and months while we continue to make payments on them. I was inviting Ford to respond and share their perspective with a group of us owners.

Shorevet

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco, GT500, Ranger, Corvette
Occupation
Retired
I feel for the dealers and service departments. Ford is pushing these vehicles, with known reliability and quality issues, out of the factory and into the consumers hands with a fix on failure strategy. Ford gets its money and the consumer and the service departments get to deal with the post delivery spares supply chain issues, failures and recalls. Maybe if the UAW gets their ridicules demands met that will solve the issues.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
1. Buy truck
2. Claim tax credit on current truck
3. Lemon Law truck that can't be fixed
4. Buy a truck off the lot with the $7500 rebate
5. Claim another tax credit
6. Profit

Sponsored
OP
OP

Arni

First Name
Arni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning 2022
Occupation
Contractor
1. Buy truck
2. Claim tax credit on current truck
3. Lemon Law truck that can't be fixed
4. Buy a truck off the lot with the $7500 rebate
5. Claim another tax credit
6. Profit
I did exactly that

AlaskaMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning
Just got my warning tonight... I find the above couple of posts.... interesting.

AlaskaMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
Hello, Ill give my dealer the benefit of the doubt. They were great to work with during the purchase. I made a followup post in a larger thread with some more details, link: https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...-power-train-warning.15884/page-8#post-384155

Sounds like a minor communications issue, I just wont be going on long trips just in case.
Sponsored