• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Stop Driving Immediately: high voltage battery and power train warning

Pdxguy

First Name
La
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E FE, Toyota Tacoma, Audi
I got the Power train malfunction/reduced power notice while visiting a town about 90 miles away just yesterday. Called the dealer who suggested I also contact Ford Assistance for towing. I did, and they tried to tell me they’d cover about 50 miles. Told them I wouldn’t accept that as this was a known issue AND I had taken it in and was told it was ok. As a side note, the 6.3 update was also hung up, similar to the 306 update. The rep went and talked to his supervisor and they agreed they’d pay the full tow. Very frustrating.

YTLHTNG

First Name
Leland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning XLT
I got the same malfunction but my truck is actually reducing the power to my motors it’s down to 53%! My local dealer only does diagnostics Monday thru Wednesday so now I have to wait. No loaners available so I’ll have to miss work. Not sure if anyone knows what is causing this.

Ford F-150 Lightning Stop Driving Immediately: high voltage battery and power train warning IMG_9798

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Blaster

Blaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L PRO, VW ID.4
If you call Ford BEV and provide your VIN they may be able to diagnose and ship parts ahead of your dealer.

Phone # above in the thread.

AlaskaMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning
Got my HV battery fault last night lol. 2300 miles. 2023 XLT.

Dealer cant get me in for 2 weeks.
Ford said to drive until its weird or unsafe then call assistance and get a tow.
Dealer called me back right after I got off phone with that BEV department and said the same thing. They had a tech connect in and look at my car, communications error, should be safe to drive, but if it gives problems, call for a tow.

Edit: charging details:
DCFC twice. Once for about 10 minutes, once for 2 minutes. (plus or minus 50%, values are small and I dont remember exacts)
Rest of time using my home charger (40amps delivered, 50A outlet). Used Fords 120V charger once for a few hours. Haven't installed my 80A one.
Sponsored

Last edited: