• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Arizona 2023 F150 Lightning Platinum needs tail light driver side replacement

JL13

First Name
José
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Retired
I'm looking for a tail light replacement for my barely 3 months old truck.... Backing up from a friend's driveway totally forgot about his intercom mounted on a steel pole at his entrance gate... and BAM! right in the driver side tail light and the truck didn't warn me about the square tubing pole; broke the lens but everything still functional.... New one is $2,000 +; I'm looking for nice looking used one even with bad radar sensor; I can replace it with mine that is still in good working condition..... Unfortunately we can't replace just the lens; it's glued in and no spare part available. :(

Ford F-150 Lightning 2023 F150 Lightning Platinum needs tail light driver side replacement PXL_20240124_231737421.MP

Ford F-150 Lightning 2023 F150 Lightning Platinum needs tail light driver side replacement PXL_20240125_000541899.MP
Sponsored

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning SR EG 311A
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Just grab one on eBay, you can do this yourself easily. Just swap the radar module.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I bought mine on eBay. Just know there are two different styles. One for the Pro/XLT and one for the Lariat/Platinum. Not all sellers clearly say which version they are selling and the pics may be unclear.

See this post/thread
https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...is-sensor-to-new-tail-light.13461/post-285043.

Notice the reverse lights are different. This is because the tailgates are different on these trims as well.

OP
OP

JL13

First Name
José
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Retired
I bought mine on eBay. Just know there are two different styles. One for the Pro/XLT and one for the Lariat/Platinum. Not all sellers clearly say which version they are selling and the pics may be unclear.

See this post/thread
https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...is-sensor-to-new-tail-light.13461/post-285043.

Notice the reverse lights are different. This is because the tailgates are different on these trims as well.

Just grab one on eBay, you can do this yourself easily. Just swap the radar module.
Thank you for the suggestion like eBay, but researching it showed only one driver side tail light for $300.00 with a warning about some cracks on the lens part breaking the seal.... NO GOOD
I also tried to research online car & truck junkyards but no luck there either; not enough F 150 Lightning totaled in car accidents....
I think that my only solution at this point is looking more and more at the dealership parts store.... Oh well, sometimes you don't always win..... :confused:

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
Thank you for the suggestion like eBay, but researching it showed only one driver side tail light for $300.00 with a warning about some cracks on the lens part breaking the seal.... NO GOOD
I also tried to research online car & truck junkyards but no luck there either; not enough F 150 Lightning totaled in car accidents....
I think that my only solution at this point is looking more and more at the dealership parts store.... Oh well, sometimes you don't always win..... :confused:
Mine had a minor crack so I just did an eBay saved search with email notification. Took several weeks but one finally became available that was in good condition for a good price. You can get some red lens repair tape to hold you over if you’re concerned about moisture.
Did you trying buffing out those white marks with rubbing compound?

Sponsored
OP
OP

JL13

First Name
José
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Retired
Mine had a minor crack so I just did an eBay saved search with email notification. Took several weeks but one finally became available that was in good condition for a good price. You can get some red lens repair tape to hold you over if you’re concerned about moisture.
Did you trying buffing out those white marks with rubbing compound?
Thank you for the answer.... The white marks are the least of my concern, I don't know if it's really visible on the picture but there is good chunk of plastic that fell inside the tail light (3/4" by 1/2" wide). I tried to see if could remove the lens part from the tail light base but no luck. So I covered the hole with some regular transparent Scotch tape and used some clear silicone all over the cracked and Scotch tape to restore a bit of sealing to rain water/condensation. I didn't want to take the risk to accumulate moisture in the tail light which could cause a malfunction but also damaged the computer module(s) that drives the lights and the blind spot radar.....
If the new tail light is around $2,000 I don't want to think about the computer module(s) prices....
The lights and the blind spot radar are still 100% fully functional; no DTC on the dash screen.

Denbo

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Professor
Hi everyone, I'm new at this forum, owned my Lightning Lariat for 6 months now, been driving a Tesla for 6 years. The first month I got the Lightning I jacknifed my trailer and cracked the rear right lense. Taped it with clear red tape and now have blind spot and cross traffic faults. You all have been so informative on replacing it ourselves. Dealer quoted me $3500. Just got a new lense on eBay for $750. To start I just popped the new one in and i still get the fault messages. Is that because the BIS sensor in my new lense needs calibration??? I'm guessing my next step is to replace the sensor with the old one. Let's say the swap still doesn't work. Anyone know what a dealer will charge me to calibrate the new one? Thanks to you all for saving me a boat load of $$$

OP
OP

JL13

First Name
José
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Retired
Sorry to hear about your cracked tail light following a trailer incident. I was also looking at eBay and other aftermarket sources to replace my broken tail light, but I ended up buying a new tail light from a Ford dealership ($$$.$$). My new tail light didn't come with the BLIS module installed, so I had to transfer my original module to the new tail light. Everything is working fine for me, no calibration or reprogramming required.
In your case, if the the original BLIS module was not damaged I would transfer it to your replacement tail light. If you are still experiencing issues with the BLIS system, I would try to read the DTC (diagnostic troubleshooting codes) using an OBDII dongle and a software tool like Forscan. Once you have the values for the DTC code you can do an internet search on how to resolve the code; sometimes it can be just a matter of clearing the code and be back to normal operating mode. You can clear the codes using the Forscan tool; just do a search on this forum about Forscan and you will find a ton of information.
Best wishes for resolving your current issue.

Denbo

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Professor
Hey JL13, thanks for your very helpful reply. I am clueless on how to use Forscan (I once new it's cousin, Fortran). But will delve into that if switching the BLIS doesn't work. WLYK.

Denbo

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Professor
Okay, so as luck would have it, swapping the new tail light with the original BLIS module still comes up with fault error for Blind Spot and Cross traffic, but it seems to display messages less. So, I guess I'm on my way to get a OBD2 dongle and download Forscan. Ordering the dongle to get started.
Is there a forum on actually going in and diagnosing and resetting the code for the BLIS module? When I go into Forscan, will it identify if the module is damaged or just needs a reset? So many questions, so little knowledge. Appreciate all of your help.

Sponsored
OP
OP

JL13

First Name
José
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Retired
Okay, so as luck would have it, swapping the new tail light with the original BLIS module still comes up with fault error for Blind Spot and Cross traffic, but it seems to display messages less. So, I guess I'm on my way to get a OBD2 dongle and download Forscan. Ordering the dongle to get started.
Is there a forum on actually going in and diagnosing and resetting the code for the BLIS module? When I go into Forscan, will it identify if the module is damaged or just needs a reset? So many questions, so little knowledge. Appreciate all of your help.
Hello Denbo, sorry that things didn't turn out ok with the BLIS module replacement.

One question for you at this point before digging into software diagnosis; from the hardware point of view is the tail light harness from truck looking ok, no smatched wires , and about the pins inside the connector do they all look good using a flashlight to inspect them closely?

Then the next step will be to use an OBDII dongle that you can buy on Amazon, you will have to choose if you want a wireless ( bluetooth or Wifi type) or a USB wired type to connect to a Windows laptop for running the Forscan tool....

Here is a link that I have used for finding the information: https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/2021-f-150-forscan-list-database-spreadsheet.1578/
As for Forscan tutorial you can find some videos on YouTube.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
Here is a link that I have used for finding the information: https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/2021-f-150-forscan-list-database-spreadsheet.1578/
As for Forscan tutorial you can find some videos on YouTube.
That thread is back when we were part of the ICE forum and while stale has good info (maybe on BLIS). I suggest checking out the thread dedicated to the Lighting as well:
https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/f150-lightning-forscan-thread.11406/

Denbo

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Professor
JL, thanks for your continued help. I honestly haven't, but will check the contacts with a flashlight. My gut is they are fine, as the damage to the tail light was just on the outside lense.
I ordered the dongle with USB from JB for $15. Stay tuned. With tail lenses so unacceptably expensive to replace, I am realizing either Ford doesn't have their EV sh.... together, or I'm being scammed. In the meantime, I'm going to night school to figure out Forscan.
Stay tuned.

vvgogh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F-150 Lightning ER
I ended up buying a new tail light from a Ford dealership ($$$.$$). My new tail light didn't come with the BLIS module installed, so I had to transfer my original module to the new tail light.
I thought you could only buy the assembly of the plastic housing and sensor from Ford. There's a Ford part for just the plastic housing and no sensor? What's the part number and what did it cost?

Denbo

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Professor
Can't figure how to post a pic from my phone yet, but I bought NL34'-138504-BG.
It's the whole unit with sensor.
Sponsored