• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

JSJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra. Model Y and Lightning on order
I’d imagine you can go quite a bit further with say a boat that’s equal weight but more aerodynamic. I’ve found that aerodynamics play a much bigger role than weight when towing with my EV.
Sponsored

OP
OP
hturnerfamily

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
right, a typical boat is going to cut thru the wind easily, and have much less range degradation than the typical 'high front wall' camper... a utility trailer will be easy, too.

OP
OP
hturnerfamily

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
another trip in the same direction, 'up' to the mountains of north GEORGIA, an elevation change of 1,500 ft... and the return, with an average of 2.5(245 m/kwh) over almost 600 miles, or, if you consider the third missing digit might be 'averaged up', or 'averaged down', the m/kwh could be between 240 and 254... on the SR battery pack.

A few DC Fast chargers, the fastest one clocked yet, an EA, at 132kw - the most I'd seen before was maybe 64kw at Chargepoint '125k shared' stations.

Charged at my son's 240v outlet overnight to 100%, took an excursion drive thru the steep mountains the next morning, then returned home...
Ford F-150 Lightning 250 mile trip report: Lightning PRO - TOWING 3,000lb Powered Camper... 2.5mkwh average almost 600 miles w elevation.JPG

Low to mid 70's, varied light winds, light rain for moments, 60-65 half of the trip, up to 70 at times, and the rest 55, including even some very serious mountain 'hill climbing'(20 miles total) slowly up some mountain passes, while looking for some property. No a/c needed, and mostly with windows down. The jams were pumping, tho.
Oh, by the way, ProPower was on the WHOLE TRIP: I was powering a mini-compressor fridge behind the driver seat, for cold items along the way, which worked perfectly(now you know why the screen shows over 34 hours of 'driving'...the clock keeps ticking as long as the truck in ON).
And at night, a fan and some laptop and iphone charging - I actually slept in the 'bed', with my full BedRug, watched my Dish TV streaming from the laptop, and had the tri-fold Extang Encore tonno for cover - it DID rain during the overnight hours, but everything remained dry.
Don't try this at home kids! : )
Ford F-150 Lightning 250 mile trip report: Lightning PRO - TOWING 3,000lb Powered Camper... 132kw EA fasted speed yet.JPG
Sponsored