• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Antimatter Blue with bed liner
Occupation
Law
As requested, a follow-up on the return trip. Frankly, my goal of setting cruise to 75mph all the way back to compare the difference between 70 vs 75 did not work. There simply was way too many accidents on I-75 and hard rain on I-10. However, realizing that the test was a bust, I was able to zero in on the sweat spot for driving speed vs loss.

First, some conditions to be aware. (1) I am driving a 2023 Lightning XLT SR, (2) I have a hard cover, (3) my tires are factory Michelins and set to 40psi, not 38psi. I was 97% SOC leaving Orlando and the weather was about 10 degrees cooler than arrival last week, about 65 leaving Orlando and 49 degrees when I arrived in Tallahassee at about 8pm. Lastly, I only did one stop on the return trip, at he Gainesville, FL EA. It was raining, so ran in to Target, got a wok (unrelated but interesting story) and Starbucks. My total trip back was 308 highway miles.

So, with all the stop and go on the highway I figured my sweet stop was about 61-62mph. At that cruise speed I was at about 2.2.-2.3kWa consistently. A little faster and I noticed a drop to close to 2.0kWa, which is about .1 less than my going down trip. Which we know was 70mph all the way. That could be a difference from either temperature or wind speeds, or a combination of bothā€¦ no way to know for sure. It is interesting that the difference from 62mph and 70mph is not as significant as I has thought. A .2 dip for 8mph is not what I had believed based on other comments. I was expecting 1.8 or 1.9. Maybe itā€™s outside temperature? It was good temps until the last bit arriving in Tally and the trip down was warm.

The sweet spot is interesting because for me all my normal driving is city driving and I have excellent kWa at 2.5-2.7. I have hit higher, but other than this road trip, practically all my records are in ā€˜Trip 1ā€™ and averaged. I donā€™t know if Iā€™m unique, I hear folks complain of range in ERs trucks and Iā€™ve found myself having their range in my SR when I get in my truck in the mornings at 245-250? Iā€™m only doing 30 miles or less, mostly less in a given day anyway, and that might be a factor. Oh, and yes, until recently I was one of the oddballs that charged to 100% everyday. I did change to 95% at home charge in settings, but only in the last 2 weeks, and one of those I was in Orlando anyways.

I also can share, as I was certainly one of the complainants, that on 4.2.1 Iā€™m not having modem issues, but that is only a week in, so Iā€™ll hold on thoughts until a few updates in, just for good measure.
Sponsored

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
Making this trip from Virginia late June. Will be an adventure.

Fast4U

First Name
William smallwood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat 511a
Occupation
Sales
Disney twice a year! Wow!

Youā€™re the worldā€™s last true family man Clark

I havenā€™t gone as an adult but Iā€™m dreading the one trip the wife and I have agreed to.
I go weekly. Granted I live 100 miles away but we go nearly every Sunday after church. With my level and tires itā€™s always an edgy trip as I get home usually with 50-80 left. Before you say itā€™s the level and tires it was the same on the stock setup, but the i4 trip can avg at the right time of day 90mph Iā€™ve never charged at the resort as they are trash and I donā€™t need to tie up a charger as I can get home. I canā€™t stand those that use them that drive like the Pacifica and Jeep plug in hybrids. Itā€™s like Bro some of us donā€™t have gas to rely on.
Sponsored