• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

30-amp power cord- included?!

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
What did you go with?
AMPROAD iFlow P9 EV Charger Level 2, 10 to 40 Amp, 110-240V EVSE with WiFi, Versatile for Portable & Wall Charger (NEMA 14-50, 25 Foot Cable) https://a.co/d/9Q9sg6W

It's currently $340 via coupon with a free 110v adapter (under promotions).

I like that that the amperage can be changed via button on the device or via wifi.
Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
AMPROAD iFlow P9 EV Charger Level 2, 10 to 40 Amp, 110-240V EVSE with WiFi, Versatile for Portable & Wall Charger (NEMA 14-50, 25 Foot Cable) https://a.co/d/9Q9sg6W

I like that that the amperage can be changed via button on the device or via wifi.
Thanks for sharing. I am not sure how much of a difference lack of UL certification makes otherwise I love everything about it. Great choice.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Thanks for sharing. I am not sure how much of a difference lack of UL certification makes otherwise I love everything about it. Great choice.
Yeah, it's a Canadian company that manufactures in China. It is what it is.

I also don't know how much of a difference the UL certification makes. I read multiple professional reviews on it before settling on this unit.

I will eventually add a 48a Emporia (or Lectron if they send me a coupon) to hardwire. This unit will eventually live in the truck and truly become my mobile cord.

ivan256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER

I picked one of these up with your link for it in some other thread. I only have a 30 amp outlet to charge from until SunRun gets around to sending me my charge station, and I knew I'd need something with selectable amperage at other destinations too.

I think it's probably the best option right now, even though it doesn't tick all the boxes. UL Certification would be nice, but it also seems like it would fare poorly if you drop it. In contrast, the Ford charger feels really rugged. The J1772 connector also doesn't connect/disconnect from the charging port on the truck as smoothly as the Ford one.

Anyway, I got my first charge in last night, and the amperage peak through my 50-foot L14-30 extension cord was 25.5 amps when the charger was set to 24 amp mode. So it did the trick!

I had also bought the ZenCar charger and it's going back to Amazon today. It's about the same price and feature set, but it feels cheaper and the interface is less slick than the Amproad charger.
Sponsored