• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

30-amp power cord- included?!

me!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
lightning
I deselected the 30-amp power cord when I ordered in Aug. and went with the ChargePoint Flex. Now I get an email from Ford stating that it is included. What's the deal with that?

Ford F-150 Lightning 30-amp power cord- included?! Screenshot 2022-11-01 2.43.04 PM
Sponsored

Last edited:

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
The 30A cord is run stuff off the Pro Power inverter, not to charge your truck.
No, the "30A Mobile Power Cord" is what Ford calls the 120V/240V mobile (plug-in) charging station that came with every 2022 Lightning, but is apparently now a $500 option.

Here's the site for the "30A Mobile Power Cord" on the Ford website (which still says it's included with every F-150):

https://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/f150-lightning/2022/features/ev-charging/ford-mobile-power-cord/

Ford is definitely giving mixed messages about whether the 30A Mobile Power Cord is included with Lightnings, still, such as the website saying it's standard all over it, plus these emails.

Sponsored

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I deselected the 30-amp power cord when I ordered in Aug. and went with the ChargePoint Flex. Now I get an email from Ford stating that it is included. What's the deal with that?

Screenshot 2022-11-01 2.43.04 PM.png
Its like rear view mirror. It comes with the truck. Sell it on eBay.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Its like rear view mirror. It comes with the truck. Sell it on eBay.
Ford is charging $500 for it for 2023 orders. If it still comes with the truck, even if we didn't select the $500 option, the people who are paying $500 extra for it are going to be understandably upset.

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Ford is charging $500 for it for 2023 orders. If it still comes with the truck, even if we didn't select the $500 option, the people who are paying $500 extra for it are going to be understandably upset.
Ugh. What’s optional about that?

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Easy answer.

The powers that be decided to give people the option to remove a $500 option (that wasn't worth near $500) probably because it's not a great, reliable charger.

They neglected to tell the Marketing guys that send out the emails.

Done. Don't worry about it.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Easy answer.

The powers that be decided to give people the option to remove a $500 option (that wasn't worth near $500) probably because it's not a great, reliable charger.

They neglected to tell the Marketing guys that send out the emails.

Or anyone involved with the website, that says in like 10 places that it's included.
I'm absolutely assuming my truck isn't coming with one. I've already bought a different mobile charging station. But it's a pretty blatant miss, and it's been known for a while, so I'm not sure why no one has fixed the website, still.

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
No, the "30A Mobile Power Cord" is what Ford calls the 120V/240V mobile (plug-in) charging station that came with every 2022 Lightning, but is apparently now a $500 option.

Here's the site for the "30A Mobile Power Cord" on the Ford website (which still says it's included with every F-150):

https://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/f150-lightning/2022/features/ev-charging/ford-mobile-power-cord/

Ford is definitely giving mixed messages about whether the 30A Mobile Power Cord is included with Lightnings, still, such as the website saying it's standard all over it, plus these emails.
I called Ford twice to clearify this. First CS rep told me all Lightnings will come with the 30 Amp charger and I won't be charged for it even if I did not select that option. As much as I liked to believe it, it made no sense so I called again. The next rep told me if I did not select the option I won't get it. So the average of the answers are still 50/50 until I make another call. Even if the magical thinking prevails and the first answer by some miracle is correct, it does not mean dealer won't take it or won't charge me for it. Unless there is a way to see what is included when the truck is built, we just have to see how it worked for the guys that did not order the charger and have taken delivery. Anyone in the house?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I called Ford twice to clearify this. First CS rep told me all Lightnings will come with the 30 Amp charger and I won't be charged for it even if I did not select that option. As much as I liked to believe it, it made no sense so I called again. The next rep told me if I did not select the option I won't get it. So the average of the answers are still 50/50 until I make another call. Even if the magical thinking prevails and the first answer by some miracle is correct, it does not mean dealer won't take it or won't charge me for it. Unless there is a way to see what is included when the truck is built, we just have to see how it worked for the guys that did not order the charger and have taken delivery. Anyone in the house?
The option to omit started with 23 models. Not sure any have been delivered yet?

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
MY23 just started production 2 weeks ago.

I removed mine and bought a superior charger for $150 less. If it does come...I'll sell it on eBay for $200-$300 (can't imagine anyone willing to pay more than that for that charger).

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
MY23 just started production 2 weeks ago.

I removed mine and bought a superior charger for $150 less. If it does come...I'll sell it on eBay for $200-$300 (can't imagine anyone willing to pay more than that for that charger).
What did you go with?
Sponsored