• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Invictus

Invictus

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat SR
So GEICO determined no fault to me so good to go moving forward. They set an appointment for estimate/repair on the 28th which was a little too long for my tastes so I called and they authorized a photo estimate/appraisal. Just completed that.

I called over to the dealership I purchased from and they have a full certified body/collision shop so will prob get the work done there. I went by for initial thoughts and they said it will need new bed side panel, new taillight (includes new blind spot radar), bumper cover at least and some touch up to the tailgate. 😢 He is going to preliminary start sourcing parts to see if anything is going to be a challenge to get in.

As for the diminished value claim, I mentioned to the GEICO agent that I spoke to on the phone about my intent to file a claim and he immediately started the process of assigning an appraiser for that work. It’s a separate division than their normal claims service. We will see how reasonable they are. Lol
Sponsored

JediGamerCT

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Flex
Occupation
6th Grade Teacher
Just seeing your post and I’m so sorry you’ve had this happen to you! Seems like people in this town have been careless lately, my brother-in-law had someone run a red light and ended up right in front of him in his Model 3 Performance just a few weeks ago. I’m gonna have to be extra careful with mine. I got the same front dash cam as you but opted to not get the rear camera, now I’m worried I should have gotten it! I hope they can fix it for you soon!

blpublic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XLT
As you may have seen, ours got t-boned. The Ford dealer says it will take about a month to get parts. So, it may not be as bad as you may be thinking.

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
As you may have seen, ours got t-boned. The Ford dealer says it will take about a month to get parts. So, it may not be as bad as you may be thinking.
Is it cosmetic? Or frame and/or battery pack work needs to be done?

OP
OP
Invictus

Invictus

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat SR
Just a quick update for anyone interested....

Ended up deciding to take to the dealership I purchased it from who has a full body shop. They started sourcing the parts in Mid October and I just got a call late last week that the final part had arrived (believe the biggest delay was for the bed side panel). So, it took about a little over a month to get all the parts in. All replacement parts will be OEM and brand new. :)

We chatted and he said that most of his staff will be working a short week this week due to the Thanksgiving holiday so suggested that I bring it in on next Monday (28th). They will be doing a full bed off repair so this weekend I get to uninstall my Roll-n-Lock bed cover. Once they have it apart they will do the normal full inspection and apply any found issues to insurance for supplemental repair costs. They are saying that it will probably take 2-3 weeks to get it all done and back to me (it will mostly depend on how fast insurance is at approving supplemental).

The good news is that I talked with the dealership and they are going to rent out to me their Lightning mannequin after it's used for a local holiday parade mid-next week. So I will probably only have to drive a non-ev for a couple days. Working with the insurance company now to authorize that as a direct payment vs me having to be reimbursed for the $100/day rental fee.

Insurance won't even discuss the diminished value claim until all the repairs have been done. I'll keep you all updated on that front as I go...

Sponsored

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
Happy to hear Invictus!!!! Great that you have a dealership that does collision work. Update on mine from theSeptember rear ending...No Ford dealership in area does collision repairs. Every Ford EV certified dealership in the area is booked out for months. Best hope is one shop that MAY be able to get me in maybe mid-December.. if not, January. I keep telling them to order parts now so they get here in time cuz i want OEM, but they keep insisting they're easy to get. Also, Allstate being cheap on parts and paying. Collision shop also said possibility of needing to have bed replaced. OMG. If they try to put a stock ICE bed on it, i'll be pissed. It better be a Lightning bed. Word of advice to all. Apparently, people cant see huge pickup trucks infront of them because they are electric. Watch your mirrors when you brake or stop.

mjallen77

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7 2020, Acura TLX 2015
Mofo that hit you should be dragged out in the street and shot, then send the bill for the bullet to the family! (JOKE)

Seriously, sorry that that happened to you. I hope the repairs go well.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Ended up deciding to take to the dealership I purchased it from who has a full body shop.
Was that a GEICO certified location? If not, did GEICO push against it?

Good luck with the fix and thanks for all the updates.

OP
OP
Invictus

Invictus

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat SR
Dropped off the vehicle yesterday. Picked up a Tesla Model 3 at Hertz to use for the week until the lightning mannequin loaner comes available to me. Man I miss my truck already…so much better than the Tesla IMO.

Yes, mine is carbonized grey color.

GEICO hasn’t given me any issues yet. They originally did an estimate of a little under $4k but the dealership will be prob 2-3x that amount. They purchased all new OEM parts for replacement. I should hear something this week once they get the bed off and are able to figure out what all needs fixing.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Invictus

Invictus

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat SR
The dealership body shop just sent off their estimate with supplemental to Geico. Went from $3,462 to $7,393 so over double the original insurance estimate.

Click here if you are interested in the detailed estimate.

I've been in a 2022 Tesla Model 3 as a rental for the past week, I REALLY miss my truck! :cry:

The dealership should have their Lightning mannequin back for me to use by Monday hopefully so I can get out of this little car!

OP
OP
Invictus

Invictus

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat SR
Picking up the mannequin Lightning loaner from the dealership tomorrow morning. Thank God! This Tesla was killing me! LOL

JediGamerCT

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Flex
Occupation
6th Grade Teacher
Hope you get your truck back entirely fixed before Christmas!

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 ER Lightning Lariat, 22 Tahoe RST, 23 BMW X7
Occupation
Construction Planning and Sales
Just happened to me as well! Rear Ended while completely stopped at a red light. Bumper needs total replacement and rear quarter panel has a crease in the wheel well area. Merry Christmas to me.

Ford F-150 Lightning 48hrs of ownership….rear ended! Screen Shot 2022-12-23 at 9.42.32 AM
Sponsored