• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

williams

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F-150
Occupation
Ford Sales
The Bronco and Lightning are very different vehicles. I wouldn’t assume the resale market will be the same.
Ive been in car sales/wholesale 15 years, ill take that bet. Anything rare or slow production people lose their minds trying to be the owner of it. Even the Fiesta had its day in the sun when they came to market it took 5 months from order to door because of where they were built and when the first ones were landing they were hot as fire. Raptors are nothing special, still pulling 20-30k over used. The new expeditions, you name it, you tell someone its going to take 1-2 years for an order an they will sell vital organs.
Sponsored

Paulightning

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1993 Cobra, 1995 Bronco, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
This website has literally driven people to Gary Smith Ford. Google analytics show "abnormally busy".

Ford F-150 Lightning $69k ADM markup on Lightning at Gary Smith Ford in Ft. Walton Beach,. FL 😱 Screenshot_2022-06-07-18-13-55-82_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12

Sponsored

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige

Looks like someone received a phone call lmao
So the dealer accidentally doubled the price and tripped and fell, slapping the sticker on it on the way down...

No doubt, the talking to did not go well for them.

OP
OP

RDeFran

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 GMC Sierra 3500HD AT4 SRW Duramax, 2010 M3
Occupation
Technician
Sure Mike, stay pumped! Going on two years on one of my Broncos since ordered, six months on a now two month old Lightning.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
Blue window sticker. They can sell it for what they want after 6 months. I have no problem with ADM for abandoned orders (like possibly but not likely, Deleted member 9811 ;)) and mannequins on the dealer lot. I only have a problem with dealers adding ADM to custom orders where they had to do nothing to make the sale.

BTW, I'm sure Deleted member 9811, aka RugbySecondrow is lurking on these boards to see the reactions to his previous post...I'm just waiting for the 'new' member coming in to defend his previous posts :sneaky:
That little loophole is why dealers make fake orders and claim the customer's cancelled.

Although it doesn't hurt the person who ordered it expecting the original price, all those fake orders are why a lot of people weren't able to order in the first place.

Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
That little loophole is why dealers make fake orders and claim the customer's cancelled.

Although it doesn't hurt the person who ordered it expecting the original price, all those fake orders are why a lot of people weren't able to order in the first place.
You do know Deleted member 9811 never really had an order nor canceled it, right? Otherwise, he would have told us the dealership where he canceled (instead of 'none of your business)

Will there be cancelations? Of course, but I wouldn't claim they were from fake orders from dealerships. My understanding is Ford was checking for it.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
You do know Deleted member 9811 never really had an order nor canceled it, right? Otherwise, he would have told us the dealership where he canceled (instead of 'none of your business)

Will there be cancelations? Of course, but I wouldn't claim they were from fake orders from dealerships. My understanding is Ford was checking for it.
One thing I know for sure that last year people said that until customer reservations were filled, dealers weren't really getting extras for inventory, yet my dealer had 50 just sitting on their lot.

The same thing happened this year with Broncos. They tweeted a video of their inventory of about a dozen Broncos, meanwhile there are customers in other cities who are waiting for a reservation to be filled.

Why would Ford give a dealer 50 cars for inventory while other customers were waiting months for their orders? My only guess is they created orders for fake customers so they would have inventory.

I was the 2nd person at that dealer to convert my reservation to an order. While I already know I won't be getting mine for months, I'll know if they created fake orders if I see any trucks on their lot for inventory.

I do know from their website that one of the 6 that are in transit is configured exactly like mine, an XLT 312A, so if nothing else they gave somebody who ordered later than me a better priority. If it ends up on the lot... it was a fake customer.
Sponsored