• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Intro from FL

JerEazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram, Harley, and Lightning incoming
Well here we are.

been a truck owner for many (many) years. Have actually always been a JDM guy with Tundras, Titans, tacos and Frontiers. Went for my first domestic 9 months ago into a Dodge Ram “Salute To Service” edition. She felt like a truck for sure. But she also went full domestic on me. Lemon law buyback at less than 7000 miles.

I test drove everything. EVERYTHING. Denali, SLT,RST,AT4, Tundras of all types, even popped back into a midsize for good measure. Finally ended up at the ford dealership for the new 3.5 hybrid, 2.7, certified used and new Raptors. Hopped in the lightning just to check a box.

I was done. Everything (with the exception of the Tundra…. That truck needs some love. It was not being able to remove the rear seat storage compartment for a flat floor that got me) was trash when compared to the lightning.

I’ve got “range anxiety” for sure. But I spent a lot of time considering it. So my 2023 Lariat ER was delivered today. I’ll be on here a bit. I can’t help but mod and tinker. I have a ton to learn about the EV world. So I’ll probably ask some dumbass questions. But, there are other dumbasses that may be curious as well. So there yah go.

Going to Line-x it, mud flaps, bed cover. I’m curious what others do besides that. So, I’ll be lurking some posts.

Oh! And the video to my ford “fan boy” friend felt very good to send. Almost made the EV worth it.

Ford F-150 Lightning Intro from FL IMG_2983
Sponsored

Last edited:

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Welcome to the ‘Light Side.’

kstype

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer
Welcome!

The forums have been a great resource! You should also check and see if there is a local Lightning Owners Club in your area:

https://www.lightningclubsofamerica.org/

I hope you love your Lariat as much as I love ours - never had a vehicle that I enjoyed driving as much as this machine.
- put over 31,000 in the first year, just over 36,000 now.

Looking forward to hearing about your ownership experience.

(we have a 2023 Lariat ER in Antimatter Blue)

1Jetpilot

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired Pilot
Welcome!

The forums have been a great resource! You should also check and see if there is a local Lightning Owners Club in your area:

https://www.lightningclubsofamerica.org/

I hope you love your Lariat as much as I love ours - never had a vehicle that I enjoyed driving as much as this machine.
- put over 31,000 in the first year, just over 36,000 now.

Looking forward to hearing about your ownership experience.

(we have a 2023 Lariat ER in Antimatter Blue)
Are you by any chance getting the 6.X.X Power updates? I have not received any OTA since July 2023 and Ford says I shouldn't worry. I too have a 2023 ER Lariat bought in Feb

kstype

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer
Yes - I need to see what the most recent was. The last OTA I received on 2/20 for. Connectivity Improvements.

Ford F-150 Lightning Intro from FL IMG_0868
Sponsored