• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Adaptive cruise control strangeness

Twebmstr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 lightning lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if I have an issue. Hoping someone else has seen this. Every time I get on the highway and set my cruise control at 65, it will go for about a half mile then try to speed up to 75 mph. I don't think I'm using blue cruise.. anybody help would be appreciated !!
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Do you have speed sign recognition turned on? With a tolerance?

OP
OP

Twebmstr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I'll definitely look into that, thanks!

OP
OP

Twebmstr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I know it's been a while since I posted this, hoping someone is still watching this thread. It definitely has something, probably a setting, going on. This happens in multiple locations. I can turn on the blue cruise and set for 65 or 40 depending where I am. As soon as I pass a speed limit sign ( for 65 or 40) on that road it tries to increase my speed by 10 mph. Where in the settings do I look for settings related to this? Thanks in advance!

Pottsie

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Engineer
Glad I’m not the only one. I’m having similar situations. I’ll be fine cruising at 65 mph and it’s keeping the distance to the car in front. Then when the car isn’t there it’ll shoot up to 80 mph for no reason. I do not think it has anything to do with the speed signs. Surly the system doesn’t use that Vs GPS mapping of the roads that allow BC and the associated speed. Plan to ask the dealer but haven’t had the time yet. Also I see it happening when trailing a vehicle. I’ll see the cruise get set to 80mph. Would like to hear others ideas or experiences as well.
Seems to me that it has to be a software glitch. Would be good if they allow a max limit as a safety feature if they can’t figure it out. Eg. Dot ever let cruise get set higher that 70. Make it a toggle option.

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Surly the system doesn’t use that Vs GPS mapping of the roads that allow BC and the associated speed.
It uses both, been multiple reports of the truck spotting a speed limit sign for the off ramp (like say a 35mph limit for a curved exit) and the truck will abruptly slow down. Please double check the driver assist settings and turn off anything you don't want. Cruise control setting has 3 options if I remember: standard, adaptive, adaptive w/speed limit sign (can't remember if it calls that something different)

Pottsie

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Engineer
Thank you for the education and I’ll check that out. I appreciate the reply.
Sponsored