• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Advice buying used

maverick129

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Expedition
Hi everyone. I’ve been truck shoppoing for a couple of months and I have decided on the lightning. I am looking to buy used. I have found a lariat with blue cruise SR for 65k close by. It’s in great shape and has 3,000 miles. I’ve found a couple of ER lightnings that I’d have to pay to ship to me, around the 68-69k range and around 12k miles.
I would prefer the ER battery and the pano roof, but with shipping a car in (around 1k bucks) plus a higher price and missing out on tax savings without a local trade in, the ER is more.
I commute about 35 miles per day, so not a lot of long trips.

Any advice? love the site and I have learned a lot.
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Buying a 2022 demo, a Lariat ER, not previously titled, gets you the tax credit. Bought mine 5/12.

OP
OP
maverick129

maverick129

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Expedition
Buying a 2022 demo, a Lariat ER, not previously titled, gets you the tax credit. Bought mine 5/12.
Interesting. For how much? 70 is probably my max

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
$81 and change, plus tax. Minus $7,500 tax credit next year when you file.

Bandit216

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Lightning Lariat
Each to his own. Given your typical daily driving, I'd say that Lariat SR is a good deal. Especially with only 3000 miles.

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
If you're not road tripping in it, aren't trying to tow hundreds of miles with a camper, and you drive well under 100 miles daily....I'd go with the standard.
If you want to do the home backup through the Ford system, in addition to getting the Ford charge station pro (plus the rest of the installation on that) you'll also have to pay to get the feature activated on the truck, just another difference between SR And ER to note.

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2022 Mustang Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Conservationist
I bought my 2022 Lariat used, as a Gold Certified Pre-Owned vehicle from Ford. The warranty is great.

Many people like me no longer qualify for the Federal tax credit, so I didn’t mind buying a used Lightning.

You’ll definitely want the ER battery, though. Given the higher range expected for all the new model trucks coming on the market soon, you don’t want an SR. Think of the eventual resale or trade-in value alone.

Reactions: cal

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
SR will do what you describe. I would consider the resale value in your calculations. ER will definitely hold its value better and I would choose that route even if for no other reason. The new trucks coming out in the next few years will have better range and I expect the resale value of the SR version will drop off faster than the ER.

OP
OP
maverick129

maverick129

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Expedition
SR will do what you describe. I would consider the resale value in your calculations. ER will definitely hold its value better and I would choose that route even if for no other reason. The new trucks coming out in the next few years will have better range and I expect the resale value of the SR version will drop off faster than the ER.
Thanks. Yeah I do think the ER will be a better buy. Just can’t find one in my area at the price I want it to be at.

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
I think a $70K budget for a used Lariat ER is not unreasonable. If that's what you want, then hold out if you can until you find it, rather than settle for an SR.

Sponsored

Commodore

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra, XLT Lightning
Occupation
Pharmacist
What, currently, is the least expensive Lightning version? ...In any part of the country?

OP
OP
maverick129

maverick129

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Expedition
What, currently, is the least expensive Lightning version? ...In any part of the country?
I’ve got a lead on an SR close to me, for 65k. I am looking around the country and they seem to be 63ish as the low point. I have one ER that is about 8 hours away for 68.5k but it has 12k miles.