• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Albany NY area f150 Lightning Club

Vhile

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
IT
What a mixture of emotions. After placing my order in June and getting bumped to MY2023, then finally getting a blend date of 11/5 followed by an estimated delivery date of 12/25-12/30 I have been so hopeful to be able to claim the $7,500 tax credit.
Yesterday I chatted with Ford who told me the truck was still on ramp 59 in MI. Oh well I tell myself. Today I drove to my mothers in PA and listened to a VM from Metro Ford 3 hours earlier that the truck was just pulled off the truck. I am not trying furiously to figure out to take delivery tomorrow electronically and I am hoping they can process a Ford Credit app for me remotely.
My fingers are pretty tightly crossed.

Vhile

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
IT
Metro Ford to the rescue, they were able to let me eSign and purchase the truck sight unseen on New Years Eve to save me the tax credit. I can't wait to pick it up on Tuesday when they open back up!

Sponsored

Dadalorian13

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lightningclubsofamerica.org
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning ER Lariat
Northeast Lightning Club Winter meet up January 21, 2023 1PM Peekskill Brewery 47 S Water St, Peekskill, NY 10566. RSVP on Facebook or send me a message here. Hope to see you there!

Vhile

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
IT
Those of you that picked up from Metro Ford, I am curious what battery charge the truck was at for you. Mine was only 65%, I drove it home on tuesday then took a 2 minute drive around our plan. When I went to run an errand tonight only 4% power showed available and it had errors and Ford Pass showed High Voltage Battery error. I posted on reddit and someone was able to check the cloud errors and he said it looked like a bad battery.

I also read up on others that had bad cells and the truck wouldn't charge past a certain % based on how many cells were bad. Now I am wondering if the 65% charge was because of the bad cells or if Metro doesn't charge more than that to avoid customers complaining that they charged to 100%.

Either way, the prognosis doesn't sound good. I already tried cycling the 12v to no avail.

OP
OP
greenne

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Those of you that picked up from Metro Ford, I am curious what battery charge the truck was at for you. Mine was only 65%, I drove it home on tuesday then took a 2 minute drive around our plan. When I went to run an errand tonight only 4% power showed available and it had errors and Ford Pass showed High Voltage Battery error. I posted on reddit and someone was able to check the cloud errors and he said it looked like a bad battery.

I also read up on others that had bad cells and the truck wouldn't charge past a certain % based on how many cells were bad. Now I am wondering if the 65% charge was because of the bad cells or if Metro doesn't charge more than that to avoid customers complaining that they charged to 100%.

Either way, the prognosis doesn't sound good. I already tried cycling the 12v to no avail.
Mine was NOT charged when I picked it up from Metro.

It was around 50-60%...whatever it is shipped with(transport mode?).

I imagine they do not ship them 100% from factory.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150

Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.

Vhile

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
IT
Replacement battery was needed and ordered by Metro Ford... more waiting.

Sponsored

VTRedWingsFan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Escape
Occupation
IT delivery
Any of you road trip WNY a lot? Going to Buffalo from VT for 1st road trip, looks like I have range for Syracuse. Any DCFast sites you like or avoid? Any for Buffalo/Clarence?

Thanks.

abel408

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
My truck is finally home! Purchased from Metro Ford in Schenectady. Now have to keep my fingers crossed for the $9k in price protection I'm expecting...
Ford F-150 Lightning Albany NY area f150 Lightning Club PXL_20230413_131545211.MP

Dadalorian13

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
🚨🚨🚨MEET UP ALERT! 🚨🚨🚨
Summer BBQ
Somewhere in NJ June 17, 2023- Let’s meet up and have a BBQ!
Sounds like reps from Ford may be attending as well so let’s show up and show our love for our trucks! If interested, please DM me! Thanks!

Last edited:

Dadalorian13

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles