• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Roll-up Tonneau Cover

OP
OP
bg226

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Hey Bg226. If you don't mind me asking. Was that enough points to purchase or did you also put money down?

I had the same cover on 2 of my trucks. They are the best because you still can use the full bed when needed. Only downside is you can break into them easily. Just like most of the hard sided covers with plastic tabs.

But it keeps prying eyes out and things really dry.
Well I had already spent some of the gift card, so it definitely didn't cover the entire purchase nor would it have if I hadn't. After the discount I got from my buddy and the reward points applied, the final price was $938 out the door.
Sponsored

OP
OP
bg226

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
do I remember seeing somewhere that those points can only be applied to a purchase made at the dealer?
Sounds about right.

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
The rextrax photo on your website that shows cross bars- those are not included right? It's just the slots that give it the future capability to accept racks? This is probably the solution I need for ski gear and skis so I'm comparing to decked

You are correct. The Revolver x4 (which is essentially what the Ford one is, just rebranded) doesn't have accessories to mount on top. If you want to mount accessories then you'd want the RetraxPro XR. It's a rolling style but rolls into a canister, so it's more sturdy. It has rails on the sides that let you install accessories (like a bike rack, ski rack, cargo carrier, etc...)

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/retraxpro-xr-for-2021-ford-f-150-w-5-7-bed/

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Occupation
Drug Dealer of the LED World
The rextrax photo on your website that shows cross bars- those are not included right? It's just the slots that give it the future capability to accept racks? This is probably the solution I need for ski gear and skis so I'm comparing to decked
Correct they don't include accessories. You have to buy those separate. But it has the T-Slots to attach accessories later built into the mounting system

xycarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco Sasquatch, Lighting Lariat ER on order
How are you guys liking this Ford cover?

With leaves falling and snow pending, I’m looking to add one. I have 33k Ford pass pints so I might get it cheap. :)

Sponsored

xycarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco Sasquatch, Lighting Lariat ER on order
OP
OP
bg226

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
How are you liking this cover?
So far so good. The only issue is that the felt comes off. I tried glueing it back on but it didn't hold too long. Gotta try something else.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE & 2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I have found some non-Ford websites selling this cover, but it is noted as 2015-2022. I assume that there would be no issues fitting this to a 2023, right?

LSP

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Audi e-Tron , Mazda Miata
Looks good, I am considering getting that exact cover!!

Did you install yourself, or pay the $50 for dealer install?
FYI, I got this cover when I picked up my truck in July. Almost immediately the glue holding the felt began to fail. Ford supposedly has a fix but the dealer and I are still waiting. This is apparently a known issue and perhaps the ones being shipped now are fixed, but I would be cautious before proceeding. Once I do receive a fix/replacement I plan to post.
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Roll-up Tonneau Cover IMG_5881

Sponsored

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I am still waiting for my tri-fold cover to be delivered to the dealership, it's been a few months on order. The roll up seems to be the better option when it's working, but there's more that can go wrong, so I went tri-fold.

GrokTime

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyotas + incoming F150 Lightning
Sadly it is my understanding that the peeling felt is a known problem that has been going on for years. I bought this cover but did not install it an unfortunately let the return window expire. Now I am trying to sell it.
Sponsored