• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tonneau covers - Flip vs Roll vs Retrax

Ford Fanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 IH Scout 800A
I have installed the RETRAX MX ONE with T track rails. The composite cover which can hold 200lbs on top of the cover. Composites are light. The canister with the cover and the rails is around 50lbs. If you consider Aluminium cover then the cover is rated at 400lbs and a bit heavier. Around 75lbs. I also installed a TRUXEDO ELEVATE rack that mounts to the T rails and a TRUXEDO tie downs ( kit of 4 ) on the T rails.
I am extremely happy with the whole rig.

PXL_20220807_225500624.jpg

PXL_20220807_225448794.jpg

PXL_20220807_225433961.jpg
I was looking at the same set up for my lightning. Have you noticed any impact to miles/kw either positive or negative?
Sponsored

Nikos

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
I was looking at the same set up for my lightning. Have you noticed any impact to miles/kw either positive or negative?
None what so ever. You can lower the Elevate Rack System, so the upper rails are streamlined behind the cub.
I have not noticed any drag and if it is any, is very minimal or insignificant.
The upper rails on the Elevate System are oval shaped. I have been running around for couple months with the rack. My coworkers noticed when I took it down which by the way it is very easy. Money well spend for accessories that are very utilitarian, usefully and easily customized to carry kayaks, SUB, cargo boxes, camping gear and all sorts of construction equipment.

Ford F-150 Lightning Tonneau covers - Flip vs Roll vs Retrax PXL_20220812_184404961

Alan168

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Platinum, Rapid Red Metallic
Occupation
Retired
So ... yesterday I installed a new tonneau cover from Bakflip. (BAK-80339 - BAK Revolver X4s Tonneau Cover). It was on sale for just over $1,000. It is similar to my previous Roll-X cover from Bakflip, but it does not have the felt that falls down as shown in the post above, and as I experienced with my ice Lariat. It took 1.5 hours to install and works exactly like my previous cover, except they have some upgraded latches which I like a lot. The only thing I had to do was use a heat gun (very carefully!) to lay the outer seal strip flat against the top of the bed rails. Bakflip advises this or they say to let it sit in the sun, but it's cold here and there's not much sun. It looks great!
Sponsored