• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone figured out how to turn off the frunk beeping yet?

butterfb

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Occupation
Senior Support Engineer
Hey all,

I was one that removed the beeper quite a while ago. I started having fronk lifter issues recently where it would pop open and would not raise, but if i manually lifted it, it would lower and lock with no issues. Took it into the dealer, and the noted that the beeper was gone and plugged it back in and it started lifting on its own again. Looks like there may have been an update that is now checking for some of the safety items. They are continuing to do some work to find out exactly, but i guess i may have to wrap it in foam or something to quite it down after I get it back.
Sponsored

1RMDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT ER, 05 4Runner, 94 Miata
Hey all,

I was one that removed the beeper quite a while ago. I started having fronk lifter issues recently where it would pop open and would not raise, but if i manually lifted it, it would lower and lock with no issues. Took it into the dealer, and the noted that the beeper was gone and plugged it back in and it started lifting on its own again. Looks like there may have been an update that is now checking for some of the safety items. They are continuing to do some work to find out exactly, but i guess i may have to wrap it in foam or something to quite it down after I get it back.
Guess It's time to make a bypass for the frunk speaker, similar to the backup speaker delete.

butterfb

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Occupation
Senior Support Engineer
Guess It's time to make a bypass for the frunk speaker, similar to the backup speaker delete.
Possible. I got my truck back today. In the paper work it shows that they system caught a wiring fault , DTC code B14B8:13. Searching google it shows as a generic wiring fault in different autos. Once they cleared it and plugged the beeper back in it worked fine.

This weekend I plan on testing and removing it again when I have my odb2 connected. I was thinking I may just wrap it in a foam sticker to quiet if it's a needed item now.

paulcusick3

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
I one wrapped a golf cart reverse beeper with tape to quite it down, a lot. Anyone who's looked at the beeper, is there a speaker grill that you could wrap electrical tape over to really quiet it down??

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I one wrapped a golf cart reverse beeper with tape to quite it down, a lot. Anyone who's looked at the beeper, is there a speaker grill that you could wrap electrical tape over to really quiet it down??
Lots of pics of it earlier in this thread,

Sponsored

sstevetx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER w/Max Tow - Atlas Blue
I did some FDRS updates today including one for the frunk (FHCM) and afterwards I started getting an error in FDRS about an open circuit. It showed that "sounder" could not be tested. Based on the "sounder" name and this being a frunk update, I figured that Ford finally put something in that checks for it. I took my sounder apart and removed the ground wire connecting to the internal speaker. I taped of the ground and put it back together and installed it. Ran the test again in FDRS and it passed. It doesn't beep either, so looks like this will work for now.

The pic below is of mine opened up. I pulled the black ground wire off that was connected to the area with the red circle around it. Opening it up was a lot of trial and error as you can see from the scratches and bent plastic edges.

Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone figured out how to turn off the frunk beeping yet? lightning_sounder.jpb

FDRS error before putting modified sounder back in.
Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone figured out how to turn off the frunk beeping yet? fdrs_sounder_error
Sponsored