• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone have a reservation for Silverado EV WT ? With recent announcements, will you continue with an order for $60K+ EV truck ?

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech

djwildstar

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER, 2023 Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Information Security
I think this is an indication that the market has settled on $60K to $80K as a "reasonable" price for a pickup truck that the average consumer will want to buy. This is true even with ICE trucks -- my local dealer has 20 ICE F-150's on the lot. Only three are under $60K (and only one of those is under $50K), and four of them are over $80k; the other 13 fall in that $60K to $80K range.

Fleet buyers are often looking for value, so I would expect that Ford, Chevy, and Ram are all going to offer trucks at the bottom end specifically for volume fleet buyers -- but I'd expect retail availability to be a bit hit-or-miss. My understanding is that the 3WT and 4WT Silverados are exclusively for fleet buyers, while Ford has made a limited number of the Lightning Pro trims available for non-fleet buyers.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
I think this is an indication that every non Tesla EV maker is hemoraging cash trying to get EV market share while they try to ramp to profitability. Executives are beholden to shareholders, shareholders prefer companies they invest in to be profitable.

Furthermore, This just in... in case no one has been paying attention costs have INFLATED a lot for ~EVERYTHING in the last 2 years, which is originally when Chevy and Ford (~3 years) made their "entry" price announcements.

Anyone that thought they would hold true to the announced $40k is a hopeless optimist.

OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I think this is an indication that the market has settled on $60K to $80K as a "reasonable" price for a pickup truck that the average consumer will want to buy. This is true even with ICE trucks -- my local dealer has 20 ICE F-150's on the lot. Only three are under $60K (and only one of those is under $50K), and four of them are over $80k; the other 13 fall in that $60K to $80K range.

Fleet buyers are often looking for value, so I would expect that Ford, Chevy, and Ram are all going to offer trucks at the bottom end specifically for volume fleet buyers -- but I'd expect retail availability to be a bit hit-or-miss. My understanding is that the 3WT and 4WT Silverados are exclusively for fleet buyers, while Ford has made a limited number of the Lightning Pro trims available for non-fleet buyers.
Yah, what happened lately with ICE prices ?
Before the pandemic, I saw 2.7L Ford Ecoboost 2WD XL trim for under $35K....

I guess I need to move on with my antiquated prices.....

mastapsi356

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150b Lightning
I have a first minute reservation and am bummed that GM announced that the base EV WT will not be offered at $40K.

Looks like they are citing chip shortages and increased costs from 2 years ago's announcement ?

Your thoughts ?

https://www.carscoops.com/2023/06/gm-walks-back-promise-of-39900-base-chevrolet-silverado-ev/

It was directly said in the reveal that a 40k truck wasn't going to be available at launch anyway, so early reservations were never going to get it.

But not surprised. I am also a early reservation holder, but not sure if I'll convert. I'm pretty happy with the Lightning and if I swap, sure I'll get more range, but WT is super stripped down compared to the Lariat I have now.

Sponsored

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I have a first few minutes reservation for the Silverado. I like the extended range but the inflation in price means I'd probably have to step down in features on the truck. Having a Lariat ER now means I would probably step down to no Blue Cruise equivalent on the Silverado etc.
I do pull a camping trailer so I'm keeping my reservation for the time being anyway. I've came close to cancelling the reservation a number of times but I will see options when the time comes.

jefrank

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2004 BMW 330Ci
Have a late reservation for the Avarado (or is it a Silveranch?), but it's unlikely I'll convert it. Probably should just cancel now and get my $100 back, but still hedging my bets in case my '22 Lariat takes a turn for the worse.

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
I have a first minute reservation and am bummed that GM announced that the base EV WT will not be offered at $40K.

Looks like they are citing chip shortages and increased costs from 2 years ago's announcement ?

Your thoughts ?

https://www.carscoops.com/2023/06/gm-walks-back-promise-of-39900-base-chevrolet-silverado-ev/
Well, from what I read, it seems they will jack the WT up to $50k, so after tax credit and dealer prep, still in the low $40k's, assuming the dealerships don't add to the MSRP like some did with the Lightning.

"...Chevrolet promises that there will be Silverado EV options with various levels of content starting from $50,000. Additionally, if the purchase is in a state that has electric vehicle incentives, combining those with the federal tax credit could actually bring the final cost of a Silverado EV under $40,000 - so there is still hope! ..."

https://insideevs.com/news/673683/chevrolet-40k-silverado-ev-dead/

Have to wait and see what the MSRP will be for the entry level WT at this point.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I have a very early reservation, within the first few minutes but for a non-first edition. If the process is anything like Ford's then your place in line at your specific dealership matters a lot more than your overall reservation time.
I know I won't be ordering one at $80k+ and by the time they start delivering the $50-$60k ones the second gen Ford will be coming to market and the ram may be on the horizon along with possibly some midsize offerings from multiple makes.
I'll personally have a lot easier time convincing my wife to spend $80k on the id buzz over a pickup truck 🤣
Sponsored