• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone more worried now about 11th hour ADM?

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
Zero concern that my dealer would pull anything after handshaking on a deal. Greico of Delray Beach. Have no suspicions that any of the at least six Ford dealers I have purchased from in the past would do so either. Y'all seem like easy pluck'in. If you go in on an equal footing, with full information, show respect, no fear, and no attitude, set your conditions and parameters, with a fair view to providing reasonable profitability, dealers generally aren't going to screw you. ADM is not screwing you. It is their choice, and would lead to me walking out - plenty of other dealers who don't need to do that. The bile shown here towards car dealers is destructive only to those who have it.
Ooh we got a badass over here. I am not sure how you could sound even more pretentious.
Sponsored

OP
OP
LightningShow

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Zero concern that my dealer would pull anything after handshaking on a deal. Greico of Delray Beach. Have no suspicions that any of the at least six Ford dealers I have purchased from in the past would do so either. Y'all seem like easy pluck'in. If you go in on an equal footing, with full information, show respect, no fear, and no attitude, set your conditions and parameters, with a fair view to providing reasonable profitability, dealers generally aren't going to screw you. ADM is not screwing you. It is their choice, and would lead to me walking out - plenty of other dealers who don't need to do that. The bile shown here towards car dealers is destructive only to those who have it.

It's not just car dealers, it's sales people across the board...and I've been a salesperson, so I speak from intimate knowledge. :)

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
It's not just car dealers, it's sales people across the board...and I've been a salesperson, so I speak from intimate knowledge. :)
yeah, but see the response just above yours. I suggest a little humility and advance work, respect, get accused of pretentiousness! Sheesh. No one is making anyone pay anything for any truck, full stop. If you do something stupid, that's on you. And saying so isn't pretentious.

Sponsored

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
yeah, but see the response just above yours. I suggest a little humility and advance work, respect, get accused of pretentiousness! Sheesh. No one is making anyone pay anything for any truck, full stop. If you do something stupid, that's on you. And saying so isn't pretentious.
You can say what you want to say without sounding like a complete knob but you can’t seem to understand that. God bless the poor sales people who have to work with you.

Marshall

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software
As a person who was upfront, friendly, and communicative with the dealer, asking multiple times about ADM prior to ordering and had $0 ADM on the order form, which the dealer approved, only to have the dealer add and additional $20k, 21 days after the fact "because they were only getting one this year", your self-aggrandizing words of wisdom ring a little hollow.

Last edited:

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
As a person who was upfront, friendly, and communicative with the dealer, asking multiple times about ADM prior to ordering and had $0 ADM on the order form, which the dealer approved, only to have the dealer add and additional $20k, 21 days after the fact "because they were only getting one this year", your self-aggrandizing words of wisdom ring a little hollow.
Did you forget the handshake when you made the deal? If so, you were clearly easy pluck'in and not deserving of your dealer's respect ;).

Maybe you would have gotten better results if you had shouted, "I AM A PERSON OF HIGH NET WORTH AND YOU CAN'T TREAT ME THIS WAY," at the dealership's sales manager. ALL CAPS emails also help, in my experience.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Did you forget the handshake when you made the deal? If so, you were clearly easy pluck'in and not deserving of your dealer's respect ;).

Maybe you would have gotten better results if you had shouted, "I AM A PERSON OF HIGH NET WORTH AND YOU CAN'T TREAT ME THIS WAY," at the dealership's sales manager. ALL CAPS emails also help, in my experience.
No..but you can let them know if they f-ck with you..not only will you decline to buy the truck, but you'll go on every social media platform and every message board and tell the captive audience what dishonest pieces of sh-t they are. And that is after you call Ford corporate to file a complaint, file a complaint with the BBB, and contact the attorney general of the state in which they do business.

I live in upstate NY..News stations are always looking for a news story to pitch of a customer getting ripped off.

Not saying this will always work..but its important that everyone know where we stand. No games, no gimmicks, no BS.

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No..but you can let them know if they f-ck with you..not only will you decline to buy the truck, but you'll go on every social media platform and every message board and tell the captive audience what dishonest pieces of sh-t they are. And that is after you call Ford corporate to file a complaint, file a complaint with the BBB, and contact the attorney general of the state in which they do business.

I live in upstate NY..News stations are always looking for a news story to pitch of a customer getting ripped off.

Not saying this will always work..but its important that everyone know where we stand. No games, no gimmicks, no BS.

Damn we must all be Karens up here in Upstate NY, none of the Ford dealers are doing ADMs on Lightning afaik.

Sponsored

Marshall

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software

Just to be clear, contrary to recent memos that may have implied otherwise, Ford corporate will not do a damn thing about ADM or dealers mistreating customers.

And the dealer doesn’t care about me not buying the truck either, I have a wave 1 PRO order, lowest profit margin. They convince me to cancel, they can respec as a Platinum and sell for $5k over and still make more money.

Marshall

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software
Maybe you would have gotten better results if you had shouted at the dealership's sales manager. ALL CAPS emails also help, in my experience.
I don’t always shout at sales managers, but when I do, ITS ALWAYS IN ALL CAPS. Stay thirsty my friends.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Damn we must all be Karens up here in Upstate NY, none of the Ford dealers are doing ADMs on Lightning afaik.
Thankfully I have not seen a lot of ADMs here from any of the dealers. <knock on wood>

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
No, nobody is making anyone close an unsatisfactory deal, but people have invested a lot of time (over a year) waiting, planning, and preparing for delivery, only to have the terms changed at the 11th hour. Dealerships know the value of this intangible investment and may attempt to exploit it. You can be assertive, polite, thorough, and pleasant all you like, and some dealers may still try to put you over a barrel because they're greedy sociopaths, and another sucker will be around soon enough. Without a signed contract your only recourse is generally to walk away which still counts as an "L" since you now have to find another vehicle which starts the cycle over again. Let's just hope these situations are few and far between, but there are many stories of dealerships doing this before, and it is right to be guarded while snake handling.

There can be a fine line between being paranoid and being prepared, but at the very least people should be prepared.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
You can say what you want to say without sounding like a complete knob but you can’t seem to understand that. God bless the poor sales people who have to work with you.
Never had an issue - they prefer informed, prepared customers, and tell me so. I do not act like a dick, always come prepared with fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. Don;t make assumptions about people you don't know.
Sponsored