• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone more worried now about 11th hour ADM?

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
Dealer starts with "D", so does dishonest, deceitful, despicable, dirt-bag.....you get my drift.
Sponsored

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
All you guys complaining about the cost of fuel...come to Vancouver, BC - we are paying $2.20/litre for regular (87) gas right now which is $8.12/gallon. If you want 91 octane add another $0.2/litre so $9/gallon
Diesel is $2.40/litre...
I purchase gasoline from the place I have citizenship. I’m sorry your gas is so expensive, but the US healthcare system is a lot more expensive vs Canada.

Gold healthcare for 2 adults and 2 children costs 1800 dollars per month, for my family. I could buy 225 gallons of your expensive Canadian gas if we in the US had free or cheaper healthcare.

Just saying.

OP
OP
LightningShow

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
It was very much a thing a few months ago. It's been crazy like this since the middle of last year.

Gas prices will be back to "normal" long before any of us received our F150s.
I'm skeptical that prices will be back to "normal" by summer. A long term embargo of Russian oil will roil the markets for years. There's plenty of production capacity to backfill the volume but it takes a long time to get that much capacity online.

Ruination

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 EcoBoost
Occupation
Chemist
Eh.

Paying 20k more on an electric truck wont make up for gas prices.

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
Has it?

Pretty sure “middle of last year” I could fuel up 30 gallons for 80ish dollars, and now it cost me 125 for the same tank.

Pretty sure I got booted from this forum for a few days “middle of last year” for stating that the current administration didn’t care about fuel prices and pointing fingers at who is to blame.

I said gas prices would do this soon due to poor decisions over US Oil supply, then Truck people on this forum said “oh I don’t care about premium fuel prices in my EB, and now everyone is crying about fuel prices.

Oh, I know, it’s because last time this happened “those people” weren’t even licensed drivers. Remember, back when everyone ditched their gas hog SUV for an ECO ride. Yeah, they said the gas prices would go back to normal.

Ha! Dream on.
You wrote this long post about something completely different.

The person I responded to was talking about ADMs, which were very much a thing in 2021.

Sponsored

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
I'm skeptical that prices will be back to "normal" by summer.
I'm anticipating most of those deliveries will be around August around the same time politicians really kick up the election rhetoric.

I put normal in quotes because fuel prices never seem to drop back to whatever they were before whatever alleged crisis ramped them up. So while they aren't likely to drop back down under $5 (in SoCal it's $6-7/gal) by the holidays if they stay this high I would fully expect political consequences.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I have zero on that additional mark up in the WEB Order, hoping they honor the zero, but if they pull any stunts with 5-10-15-20k, fagetaboutit..... This uncertainty has me delaying the major electrical upgrades needed to power my garage to install the 80amp charge station.

The more I research my project the more costly it's getting, and the local city and utility bureaucrats are not making it easier.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
You wrote this long post about something completely different.

The person I responded to was talking about ADMs, which were very much a thing in 2021.
It's almost like they're trying to bait someone into an unrelated political argument.

Last edited:

Stuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I think in general, it would be naive to not worry about dealer shenanigans and you're justified in not trusting your dealer. That's why it was recommended to get one of those signed sale orders thingamajigs.

If the dealership I'm using tries to add adm, I'll just walk. I don't mind not spending my money... probably smarter to not buy for me... but it's more fun to buy... ?

Vorador

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Ford Escape
Not worried about it. It’s not hard to get on Tesla.com and order one. Glad there is always that option.
This isn't really an option because most people here don't want just an EV, they want an EV truck.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LightningShow

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
This isn't really an option because most people here don't want just an EV, they want an EV truck.

Yup, I already have an EV. My Bolt should be getting a brand new battery around the time my Lightning is set to be built, as well. I'm getting the Lightning because I want an EV that can do everything I want it to do, not just be an efficient commuter car.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
That is true. I am just glad it’s an option for me, love my ICE F-150 enough that would keep it and just get an EV to commute in, of course nothing would beat an EV F-150. But to me it’s not worth the extra $30k that’s coming.

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
Exactly! Giving up a perfectly running Model Y for my Lariat ER. Plus I’m not at all worried about it, because I have an awesome dealer that delivered Broncos with no mark ups to his customers, at Capital Ford Carson City, Nv.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
Zero concern that my dealer would pull anything after handshaking on a deal. Greico of Delray Beach. Have no suspicions that any of the at least six Ford dealers I have purchased from in the past would do so either. Y'all seem like easy pluck'in. If you go in on an equal footing, with full information, show respect, no fear, and no attitude, set your conditions and parameters, with a fair view to providing reasonable profitability, dealers generally aren't going to screw you. ADM is not screwing you. It is their choice, and would lead to me walking out - plenty of other dealers who don't need to do that. The bile shown here towards car dealers is destructive only to those who have it.

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
I think Ford did increase the f150 price for next year by $1500. ADM is not okay in my book, but if people keep giving dealers the money they will continue to doing it.

First dealer wanted 3k ADM and I walked away and went to another dealer with no ADM. I was lucky to get my order in and the build date is 4/18.

I am currently spending $350 (4.30 gal NJ) a month in gas will make the f150 payment easier to swallow. Let's be real here when did anyone think $80k is the new $50k for a truck.
When the price from Corn, Beef, Homes and everything in between showing the same Inflation. Even before the awful acts going on in Ukraine, gas went from $1.99 in 2020 to $3.60 a gallon in June 21. Just too many dollars chasing too few commodities. As far as ADM, if you know your dealers reputation, you should know whether an ADM surprise is likely or not. My dealer charges ADM on units on the lot, Upfront and Advertised. Customer orders are MSRP or lower.
Sponsored

Last edited: