• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Can I purchase OEM seats for my pro?

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
So I have a SR Pro arriving at the end of the month, and would love to address the biggest weaknesses I see - the seats and steering wheel.

I’ve replaced my three prior f150 wheels with Raptor ones and will likely do the same here although the OEM wheel for the gen3 is hard to find at the moment.

What about seats? If I wanted to really break the bank and buy OEM raptor seats and have them replace the vinyl, is that even possible to find somewhere? Would I have to get in good with a parts department somewhere?
Sponsored

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
You can do anything you want for the right amount of money.

OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
You can do anything you want for the right amount of money.
well said. I guess I start with the parts department at the dealership and see if someone can order from there? I can’t find an entire seat available to order online short of eBay

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
well said. I guess I start with the parts department at the dealership and see if someone can order from there? I can’t find an entire seat available to order online short of eBay
Try www.car-part.com

The problem you're going to run into is if you try to add anything with power.

OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
Try www.car-part.com

The problem you're going to run into is if you try to add anything with power.
I thought someone mentioned in the past that the airbag controller and such were powered so there’s definitely power under the seat but maybe not?

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
The seats are cheaper to get the cover replaced - I was looking into doing that if I got the Pro.

eBay has a lot of sellers with brand new genuine Ford leather or cloth seats that would fit the Pro at a fraction of the price from Ford Parts.

Here's one listing that I was looking at to replace the vinyl Pro with cloth seats for $150:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184845719475

OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
The seats are cheaper to get the cover replaced - I was looking into doing that if I got the Pro.

eBay has a lot of sellers with brand new genuine Ford leather or cloth seats that would fit the Pro at a fraction of the price from Ford Parts.

Here's one listing that I was looking at to replace the vinyl Pro with cloth seats for $150:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184845719475
I thought covers would just provide an alternative to vinyl but I’d want to enhance the comfort of the seat too. Would these do anything to help that?

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I thought covers would just provide an alternative to vinyl but I’d want to enhance the comfort of the seat too. Would these do anything to help that?
The covers maintains the original seat cushions and controls without worrying about different seat compatibility.

I wanted to do that with an auto upholsterer that will remove the vinyl and replace with Ford genuine seat covers that I wanted.

I am sure you can get pricier leather Platinum or King Ranch seats that slips on.

OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
The covers maintains the original seat cushions and controls without worrying about different seat compatibility.

I wanted to do that with an auto upholsterer that will remove the vinyl and replace with Ford genuine seat covers that I wanted.

I am sure you can get pricier leather Platinum or King Ranch seats that slips on.
I think that’s the issue though - I don’t want to maintain the original cushion from the pro as it’s likely the lowest quality, even if I do the king ranch or platinum isn’t it just lipstick on a pig?

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
I’m mainly interested in adding power adjustment to the seats in my Pro. There may or may not be a harness under the seat for it, I won’t know until I get my truck. Raptor seats would be awesome, but any XLT power seat would be fine.
Sponsored