• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Has anyone actually ordered Fleet lightnings?

Diabolical!

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'11 F250, '17 Chevy Volt, '22 Lightning (Reserved)
I was just wondering if we had any fleet buyers lurking in here. Specifically, if anyone was able to order the pro ER. Thanks.
Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I was just wondering if we had any fleet buyers lurking in here. Specifically, if anyone was able to order the pro ER. Thanks.
I have a Pro SR, but I do know someone with a FIN with reservations - not orders - in place. They exist..

OP
OP
Diabolical!

Diabolical!

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm curious to see how Ford is going to produce fleet orders requiring a 5 vehicle minimum of a vehicle that is an obvious loss leader. Or, if fleet orders are profitable (as Ford has claimed they will be), then one would have to assume that retail orders of the Lightning Pro would be profitable as well, which makes one wonder why they were limited to a couple hundred units...

corradoborg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Tacoma S-Runner; F-150 Lightning order
Occupation
Corporate Physical Security Manager
I'm curious to see how Ford is going to produce fleet orders requiring a 5 vehicle minimum of a vehicle that is an obvious loss leader. Or, if fleet orders are profitable (as Ford has claimed they will be), then one would have to assume that retail orders of the Lightning Pro would be profitable as well, which makes one wonder why they were limited to a couple hundred units...
The question at that point becomes "HOW profitable?" If they're only making $50/unit over cost on Pros that's technically a profit, but not a profit they particularly care about when they can produce more Lariats and Platinums with several thousand dollars profit per unit.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
That's a simple answer that any street dealer will be able to answer.

The first one's free....

Ford's going to consider those fleet sales as the entry point. If you're going to convert your fleet to the Pro's chances are you're going to need chargers. If you're going to buy chargers, you're going to be more likely to buy an E-transit. If you're going to buy an E-transit to go along with your F-150, you're probably going to need telematics. If you're going to use telematics....what do we give you for free and what do we eventually charge you for?

Ford doesn't need to make $10,000 per vehicle on the Pro's. They need to generate volume. That aside, there's a good chance that Ford will still be able to profit on each vehicle. Sandy Munro did a good interview that laid out why the lightning *may* actually be cheaper to produce than even the ICE counterparts due to scale.

Sponsored

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
It's all the in-game purchases, aka Ford Pro.

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
We also donā€™t know the pricing on a Pro ER.

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
$10,000 on top of the pro price. It's significantly cheaper than the XLT ER
Where did you get that information from? The Pro ER isn't available to retail customers so, unless you're a fleet customer, any price is just a guess.

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
Where did you get that information from? The Pro ER isn't available to retail customers so, unless you're a fleet customer, any price is just a guess.
Itā€™s 3rd hand information for me. Neighbor is a fleet customer with a FIN.

He kept asking why I didnā€™t spring for the ER Pro when itā€™s only $10k and I kept telling him it wasnā€™t available for me and that ER would essentially cost me $30k all said and done.

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
At $10K it costs more than for a retail customer upgrading a Lariat. It may in fact be true that a $50K Pro is profitable...even if a $40K Pro is not. I didn't go through all this with the XLT because Ford forces the tech upgrade as a pre-req, but I estimate the Lariat's break-down cost for the ER battery pack alone is roughly around $5,000.

The ER upgrade includes an otherwise $1,400 tow package upgrade, Ford Co-Pilot360ā„¢ Active 2.0 priced at $2,200, more driver comfort/adjustability, better seats, improved keyless operation, and a pano roof. The pano roof is at least $1,000, imo.

The anomaly seems to be the XLT ER. The way Ford priced these options indicates to me the profit margins are good when they are selling a loaded truck for $70k+ or a bare cab for $50K. I think everyone's been assuming the Pros for $40K were being reserved for fleet customers but it might be that fleet customers can't realistically order them, either.

OP
OP
Diabolical!

Diabolical!

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I guess the long and short of it is, I don't expect fleet orders for the pro to be filled in numbers any higher than those that were filled for retail customers, but I would welcome being proven wrong.

Silenze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The fleet orders are probably only being filled in the zero emissions states.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
I think everyone's been assuming the Pros for $40K were being reserved for fleet customers but it might be that fleet customers can't realistically order them, either.
If anything it's the other way around. I've got my retail order in for a $40k Pro and he's sitting waiting, already notified there's no vehicle for him this year despite the FIN.

My guess is Ford's looking at me as a test mule. If they mess up with me they lose 1 customer. If they mess up with a fleet customer they lose 5+ trucks....for years to come.
Sponsored