• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Audio Components in XLT Trim -- what size speakers are needed to upgrade the XLT audio?

SkyeFox

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, F150 Lightning XLT SR on order
Does anyone know what size speakers are needed to upgrade the XLT audio? I do not yet have my truck but it is scheduled to be built this week and want to look into updating the speakers before I receive it.
Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I can help a little further, as Crutchfield didnt have experience with the Lightning when I asked them.

The Pro/XLT's have 6.5" for the front and rear. The front can have 6x9's but you need an adapter for the speaker. They also have two tweeters up front.

laselvasurf

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT, 13 Raptor, 13 X5M, 03 Excursion
I can help a little further, as Crutchfield didnt have experience with the Lightning when I asked them.

The Pro/XLT's have 6.5" for the front and rear. The front can have 6x9's but you need an adapter for the speaker. They also have two tweeters up front.
I ordered the speakers you mentioned in your other post and the wiring adapters/harnesses. Did you have to get any spacer rings or other adapters to attach the Infinity speakers or will they just bolt right up?

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I ordered the speakers you mentioned in your other post and the wiring adapters/harnesses. Did you have to get any spacer rings or other adapters to attach the Infinity speakers or will they just bolt right up?
The 6.5" for the rear bolt right in. I bought some baffles for them to sit in, poor man's anti-rattle.

laselvasurf

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The 6.5" for the rear bolt right in. I bought some baffles for them to sit in, poor man's anti-rattle.
Thank you for the info! Have you replaced your front speakers as well? I ordered 4x of the infinity speakers as I figured having a matching set wouldn't be a bad thing.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Thank you for the info! Have you replaced your front speakers as well? I ordered 4x of the infinity speakers as I figured having a matching set wouldn't be a bad thing.
I have not yet, next audio install is the 10" JL sub I bought. The Infinity's highs and mids are really clear, the bass will need some tuning if you aren't also installing a sub. The clarity in the high/mid is like night and day compared to the paper cones.

laselvasurf

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have not yet, next audio install is the 10" JL sub I bought. The Infinity's highs and mids are really clear, the bass will need some tuning if you aren't also installing a sub. The clarity in the high/mid is like night and day compared to the paper cones.
Awesome, thank you! I may get a subwoofer as well down the road. Do you have a link to the baffles you used in your rear doors?

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
So can I just drop the Infinity’s right in both front and rear?

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
So can I just drop the Infinity’s right in both front and rear?
No, the front is an awkward size, you will need some brackets to make the 6x9's fit...may need some modification.

laselvasurf

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

wighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT (SR 311A), 2023 Genesis GV60
No, the front is an awkward size, you will need some brackets to make the 6x9's fit...may need some modification.
I'm a little confused here, did you mean to say 6x9 for the front?
Sponsored