• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What is the secret to deleting audio 'presets'?

Jack in Prescott

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB, 2014 Mazda3
I confess to be flummoxed by the simple task of deleting an audio preset. My Lariat PB has the 502A package. I've prowled thru the owner's manual and have found numerous references to how to create preset and SiriusXM favorites. Can't find a damn thing about eliminating the presets I found when the truck was delivered. I'm sure this is a simple thing...but I'd welcome some coaching on how this is done. Thanks!

Jack
Sponsored

Tosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Re-Tired Bicycle Mechanic
I also wanted to delete all of the presets that were present when I took delivery, but couldn't find a way to do that. Instead I've just been changing each preset that doesn't suit me.

Setting a Memory Preset

1. Select a station or channel.
  1. Press and hold a memory preset button on the touchscreen.
Note: The audio mutes briefly while the system saves the preset and returns once it is stored.
Note: You can save presets from multiple sources to the memory preset bar.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
Go to the audio screen for the station you wish to deselect. This works for any tuner (AM, FM, Sirius). The fact that it is a preset is indicated by a blue filled-in star. Touch the star and it will become an outline (hollowed out). It is then deselected and will no longer be a preset. This is also a shortcut for creating a preset - you can touch the "empty" star for any station you are listening to and make it blue - it will become a preset.

OP
OP

Jack in Prescott

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks, guys. A follow-up please: The 'buttons' in a row at the bottom of the 12" screen number 5. That row doesn't slide right and left as I expected to reveal more buttons. How does one create more than those 5 buttons?

Jack

OP
OP

Jack in Prescott

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bump. Does the 502A Sync4 system provide for more than 5 presets in that preset 'strip' at the bottom of the audio screen? The strip does not scroll left and right, insofar as I can tell, which means only the 5 presets displayed are available. Is it possible to increase the presets that are offered in that 'strip'?

Jack

Sponsored

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
Dig into the settings and there’s a place to increase the number of preset pages. You can have up to 6 pages of presets.

OP
OP

Jack in Prescott

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks, Kerry - much appreciated. Wish I'd found that on my own, but do appreciate the coaching.

Jack
Sponsored