• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
I ended up adding Ford Performance blue powder coated tow hooks in the front of my Azure Great Lariat. A small but nice touch....
IMG_5755.JPG
IMG_5754.JPG
Did you do these yourself? I want to do this, but the effort of removing them seems really high.

Lucky26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Did you do these yourself? I want to do this, but the effort of removing them seems really high.
I had the same feeling. It is totally doable by a "normal" person. I will say a couple of things. The bolts are 15mm and need some long heads or extensions to get to them. The hardest part is adjusting the rubber fairings to be able to reach the bolts. Its mildly annoying and the hardest part. Second, you don't need to completely remove the second or rear bolt, just make it loose and remove the front bolt. The exisiting hook can be removed like that. Last, find or get a good torque wrench. I sheered off one of the bolts tightening them back up because the torque wrench didnt work right. It was a little annoying getting the old bolt out so just be aware of it.

Sponsored
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Hyundai Ioniq 5, Audi Q5 Sportbak
Occupation
Pilot
Sweet! Glad to see an LT along the Missouri! In Mt!
I just saw an Avalanche Lightning driving past me on 15th St and he didn't even wave! What's up with that? :ROFLMAO:

Jseis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
July 2021 SR MME, July 2023, Lightning Lariat
I just saw an Avalanche Lightning driving past me on 15th St and he didn't even wave! What's up with that? :ROFLMAO:

😂

FYI, to break free from Great Falls I had to charge at the credit union? by the hotel. Otherwise I’d still be there 😂.

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Hyundai Ioniq 5, Audi Q5 Sportbak
Occupation
Pilot
😂

FYI, to break free from Great Falls I had to charge at the credit union? by the hotel. Otherwise I’d still be there 😂.
I misread your post and thought you were living in Great Falls. We have 6 or 7 chargers now, and the Tesla chargers in Marketplace are now fair game, so that will help for sure. Still tough to go to Colorado as there are very few chargers in Montana, but other directions aren't too bad. Hopefully more chargers will be coming soon.

Jseis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
July 2021 SR MME, July 2023, Lightning Lariat
I misread your post and thought you were living in Great Falls. We have 6 or 7 chargers now, and the Tesla chargers in Marketplace are now fair game, so that will help for sure. Still tough to go to Colorado as there are very few chargers in Montana, but other directions aren't too bad. Hopefully more chargers will be coming soon.

Yes, I’m about 800 miles west on the Pacific Coast. FYI, that drive from Missoula to Great Falls is ah.. interesting. As I’ve done it in our SR MachE and the ER LT a couple of observations:

If I drive the speed limit I get tailgated, one-finger salute. A safe speed is like 15 over or just pass anything.

I swore I met the Unabomber at a dive restaurant in Lincoln though that was like 20+ years ago. I could be mistaken.

I had no idea side by sides have their own gravel freeways 😂

Never saw a live deer but oh boy.. a lot of roadkill.

The drive from Rogers Pass East is gorgeous.

Folks in Great Falls are very personable and helpful.

ABRP said I couldn’t get from Missoula to Great Falls unless I had 100% charge AND I drove 54 mph. We made it with 40 miles of range. I must’ve pulled over 50+ times to let vehicles pass. ABRP also tried to re-Route to an RV park. Ford Nav wouldn’t go there so to speak. The ER LT is fine.

Sponsored