• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Bed rack options

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
I'm looking for a bed rack that will mount in the pockets and not clip inside the bed. My tonneau cover is flush and already ops on the inside of the bed. Ideal removal cross bars as I'll need to take them off easy to fold cover up.
Sponsored

Lilburnedbear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Powerboost with 7.2kW PPO
I use the Thule SR rails which mount to the bed pockets then also the associated Thule tool box sliding mounts cut in in half (forming 4 pieces) and attached my Yakima landing pads to those so I could mount my crossbar setup for bike racks, load box, etc.. I have the BAK Revolver tonneau cover which is pretty low profile and doesn’t interfere with mounting of the rails by themselves and works fine with the taller Thule Rack when that is on the truck instead of my Yakima setup. Super easy to remove/adapt and switch between racks depending on load need and the Thule racks hold WAY more than most others I’ve seen capacity-wise.

Ford F-150 Lightning Bed rack options IMG_0044

OP
OP
JRT

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Cost is important, I like the easy removal of Thule but the Adarac is good value. It looks like to remove it it would be a unbolt approach

Hank42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
Cost is important, I like the easy removal of Thule but the Adarac is good value. It looks like to remove it it would be a unbolt approach
Yes, it's 4 bolts to remove it - one person job. Depends on how often you plan on taking it off. For me, maybe once a year I'd need to take it off for one reason or the other.

Reactions: JRT

tnugentfl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 lightning lariat ext range
I use the Thule SR rails which mount to the bed pockets then also the associated Thule tool box sliding mounts cut in in half (forming 4 pieces) and attached my Yakima landing pads to those so I could mount my crossbar setup for bike racks, load box, etc.. I have the BAK Revolver tonneau cover which is pretty low profile and doesn’t interfere with mounting of the rails by themselves and works fine with the taller Thule Rack when that is on the truck instead of my Yakima setup. Super easy to remove/adapt and switch between racks depending on load need and the Thule racks hold WAY more than most others I’ve seen capacity-wise.

IMG_0044.png
This is very slick, could I possibly get some close up pictures. I would love to replicate this.
Sponsored