• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ruination

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 EcoBoost
Occupation
Chemist
You won the lottery.

You deserve a smack upside the head.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
You won the lottery.

You deserve a smack upside the head.
Hahaha touché. Maybe we should all have a watch party for my unending praise in the other two videos. My walkthrough and the surprising features must call it a ridiculously good deal 100 times.

and yes. That was 100% a shameless plug.

I love hearing everyone’s thoughts. Really appreciate it. I’m really grateful to Anyone watching or subscribing. Obviously at this point it’s just a fun outlet for me. No one is paying and it obviously takes time so hearing people enjoy it makes me feel good about it all. Thanks!

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
the video is far from clickbait.
My criticism was limited to the nature of the facepalm/biggest disappointment/dealbreaker nature of the YouTube click tile. I think you can do better unless you are in true facepalm mode.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I’m 6 feet tall and still find them useful. Obviously I can still get in without them but it is easier just cause it’s a few inches lower. I did really like the powered boards on my old platinum. Can’t speak to stationary ones as well. I think the powered also likely come out lower too
5'11" and always use them. Not sure my wife (5'3") or my daughter (5'2") could get in the truck even remotely comfortably without them.

Never had power running boards (just seems like another thing to break) but I wouldn't have a truck without some kind of board/steps.

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I will be ordering Katzkins the day my XLT shows up, If it ever shoes up. I'm going to color match with the swatches at the installer with the two grey colors, diamond in the middle, two stripes of alcantera, blue stitching for the Atlas Blue outside.

Cooling seats would be nice, in my GMC Sierra HD they work perfectly. Both of my BMW they are terrible. Heated is a must.
We should have a separate thread to discuss Katzkin seats. I'd love to hear about total cost installed and if there are any issues with the more elaborate seats (heated, cooled, and lumbar). I imagine my XLT SR will be my bridge electric truck, so I don't want to go crazy adding stuff for a truck I'll own 2-3 years, but could be sold on the idea if the price and reviews are right.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
My criticism was limited to the nature of the facepalm/biggest disappointment/dealbreaker nature of the YouTube click tile. I think you can do better unless you are in true facepalm mode.
Makes sense for sure.
Also keep in mind I work at a bank and have zero creative bones in my body so I was trying something outside of my comfort zone. Selfies aren’t usually my thing 😂

OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
We should have a separate thread to discuss Katzkin seats. I'd love to hear about total cost installed and if there are any issues with the more elaborate seats (heated, cooled, and lumbar). I imagine my XLT SR will be my bridge electric truck, so I don't want to go crazy adding stuff for a truck I'll own 2-3 years, but could be sold on the idea if the price and reviews are right.
I mean in case it’s not clear by now, you guys can expect another video when mine are done in two weeks with some apparently hot takes

Lightning.Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna x 2
My avatar is the design I want from Katzkin. It really annoys me that my Rapid Red Lariat ER is ONLY available with solid black seats. I hate black seats. :(

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
My avatar is the design I want from Katzkin. It really annoys me that my Rapid Red Lariat ER is ONLY available with solid black seats. I hate black seats. :(
They have grey inserts. They aren't sold black.

Ford F-150 Lightning Biggest disappointment on the Pro Trim - an owner's take htning-lariat-pickup-ev-exterior-and-interior2-

OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
They have grey inserts. They aren't sold black.

htning-lariat-pickup-ev-exterior-and-interior2-jpg.jpg
My shop really said they can do almost any color under the sun. It was like walking into Benjamin Moore. The sample chips he had were easily 50-100 colors. The grey they had matched perfectly to factory. That being said I didn’t want to spend all this money and it look like the crappy factory vinyl so I added the diamond stitch, perforations and darker wings. if you get the heated/cooled they have to add slightly different foam for that. All in the upgrade to custom was $400

Ford F-150 Lightning Biggest disappointment on the Pro Trim - an owner's take 07DA8425-B7D4-4265-AC98-3F8084EE4B00

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
crappy factory vinyl
It may be "crappy" to you, but I'm on my 3rd Lariat in a row. My Lightning will be my fourth. They hold up well, look good and the cooled seats are amazing.

OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
It may be "crappy" to you, but I'm on my 3rd Lariat in a row. My Lightning will be my fourth. They hold up well, look good and the cooled seats are amazing.
What do you mean? The lariat has great seats, I was referring to what they’re using in the Pro.
Which, for what it’s worth is much different from my bronco that had marine grade vinyl seats. Those are great