• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How does Pro trim compares to XL trim on ICE?

Pilot2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
For those who have seen Pro in person, how does it look and feel compared to XL?
I was trying to price compare them. A pro with no options is40k; an XL ICE super crew 4x4 is $40.5k before any delivery/acquisition costs.

with rebate, Pro will be $32.5k. If you drive them for 3 years under warranty and sell for 50%, Pro will cost about $100 less per month than ICE + less fuel costs.

ofcourse these are super simple assumptions and final numbers will change as more info comes.
Back to driving experience, Pro will be faster than XL but hopefully a nicer driving experience as well.
Sponsored

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 302A PB
Biggest thing is the carpeted floors and cloth seats on an XL versus the rubber floors and vinyl seats on the Pro. Some prefer the rubber/vinyl but to me would just make it feel too much like a work truck or fleet vehicle than my own daily driver. If itā€™s being used for work all the time or on a farm etc might be a benefit.

OP
OP

Pilot2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
A big upgrade in the pro vs XL is the 12ā€ screen and digital gauge cluster. You have to step up to the XLT with the highest package for that screen. Lariat for digital gauges. Also that XL is coming with the base V6.
Thanks. Sounds like some nice upgrades for less price!
plus with independent suspension, I am thinking it should be smoother ride than ICE XL.

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Explorer, 2014 Honda Odyssey, 2007 Lexus
Thanks. Sounds like some nice upgrades for less price!
plus with independent suspension, I am thinking it should be smoother ride than ICE XL.
Don't forget all the technology the Pro includes. It includes Ford Co-Pilot360 2.0 ā€“ Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking (Includes Pedestrian Detection, Forward Collision Warning and Dynamic Brake Support), BLISĀ® with Cross-Traffic Alert, Lane-Keeping System (Includes Lane- Keeping Alert, Lane-Keeping Aid and Driver Alert), Rear View Camera, Auto High Beam headlamps, Reverse Sensing System, Reverse Brake Assist and Post-Collision Braking.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Don't forget all the technology the Pro includes. It includes Ford Co-Pilot360 2.0 ā€“ Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking (Includes Pedestrian Detection, Forward Collision Warning and Dynamic Brake Support), BLISĀ® with Cross-Traffic Alert, Lane-Keeping System (Includes Lane- Keeping Alert, Lane-Keeping Aid and Driver Alert), Rear View Camera, Auto High Beam headlamps, Reverse Sensing System, Reverse Brake Assist and Post-Collision Braking.
Backup camera is required on all new vehicles (from 2018 I think).

OP
OP

Pilot2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
What trim do you have to step up on ICE to get most of these features? Sounds like PRO is a screaming deal at $32.5kā€¦

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
Biggest thing is the carpeted floors and cloth seats on an XL versus the rubber floors and vinyl seats on the Pro. Some prefer the rubber/vinyl but to me would just make it feel too much like a work truck or fleet vehicle than my own daily driver. If itā€™s being used for work all the time or on a farm etc might be a benefit.
Is there any ICE model with vinyl/rubber I can take a look at dealership?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Is there any ICE model with vinyl/rubber I can take a look at dealership?
More common I'd you look at F250s or F350s. You can get that in Base XL trims, but not as many of those are ordered by dealers

Erik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW, Fiat
It is interesting how for vinyl vs cloth there isnā€™t a clear better option. I prefer vinyl because if I spill my coffee on cloth seats, which I will likely do at some point, then I wonā€™t be able to clean it. Some people prefer cloth because if it is hot you get cooked on vinyl. Where I live temperatures rarely exceed 75F though, so I am happy that the Pro comes with vinyl.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Pilot2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
It is interesting how for vinyl vs cloth there isnā€™t a clear better option. I prefer vinyl because if I spill my coffee on cloth seats, which I will likely do at some point, then I wonā€™t be able to clean it. Some people prefer cloth because if it is hot you get cooked on vinyl. Where I live temperatures rarely exceed 75F though, so I am happy that the Pro comes with vinyl.
same here..prefer vinyl due to moderate temps.

I wonder if the rubber floors means if it can be hosed off...would make life easy to keep it clean....

kdkool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Lightning / 2023 6.7L Lariat F-350
A big upgrade in the pro vs XL is the 12ā€ screen and digital gauge cluster. You have to step up to the XLT with the highest package for that screen. Lariat for digital gauges. Also that XL is coming with the base V6.
Donā€™t forget the LED headlights that are standard. Push button start is also standard as is the center console.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
The current (2021) ICE XL is a really nice interior compared to the previous gen. Some of that is a result of the redesign for F150 interiors, and some of it is the typical trickle down of features to lower trims that Ford does over time.

Combine that with the hightech nature and overall mission of the EV F150 and I don't think the XL trim is going to be the stereotype XL. It won't be "luxury", but it won't be bare bones either.

Lightning75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
What about normal cruise control on the Pro? Standard, optional, or not available? I haven't seen it mentioned. I know you can't get adaptive cruise on the Pro.

Lightning75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
What about old fashioned cruise control?
Sponsored