• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Bike rack added and reverse sensors freak out

Pjlightning

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150
Any tips on how to easily turn off the reverse sensors when you’re backing up with a bike rack mounted at the tail hitch?

The truck brakes and stops me from backing up, thinking I’m going to hit something/someone.

I’ve tried using the tow status , picking a trailer to get the truck to relax the back up sensor,
But that doesn’t seem to always work, and I’m wondering if there’s a quicker, easier way to put the truck into a mode that will ignore my bike rack ?

Ford F-150 Lightning Bike rack added and reverse sensors freak out CD31AA05-B0E3-4A39-85D0-0998608A5DE4
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
You need to add the bike rack as a trailer, with a 3 foot length. This adjusts the cross traffic alert. This is explained in the manual.

Each time you use the bike rack, you'll want to go in and select it manually. Then, when you are done, go in and unselect it.

Or, you can cancel the alert each time you back up, it will hold once per key cycle.

OP
OP

Pjlightning

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150
You need to add the bike rack as a trailer, with a 3 foot length. This adjusts the cross traffic alert. This is explained in the manual.

Each time you use the bike rack, you'll want to go in and select it manually. Then, when you are done, go in and unselect it.

Or, you can cancel the alert each time you back up, it will hold once per key cycle.
Thanks, that seems to be working out now.

I also never noticed this little slide button option on the screen to quickly turn off the back sensors, when you put the truck in reverse. That works like a charm !

Ford F-150 Lightning Bike rack added and reverse sensors freak out 8878060E-6F67-4817-8536-AA36F5F00660

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Yup.
Sponsored