• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Blowing cold air on steering wheel area fingers; left side low air flow

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
I drive with air conditioning on, and want to maintain 68-72 in the cabin. But it seems I get excessive cold air too often blowing at the right side of the steering wheel. The a/c fan button (12" display XLT) shows 2 lights for fan speed, but it is the cool air when I think it should be warmer for the cabin temp. Even raising the temperature setting does not seem to have an effect as quickly as I would like (sorry, need to get more accurate temps and timing on what is happening). Yes, I can direct the air down or up with the air vent, but something just does not seem right with the control of the temperature.

Also, it seems the driver's area left air vent has a much lower flow than the right air vent. Normal?
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I drive with air conditioning on, and want to maintain 68-72 in the cabin. But it seems I get excessive cold air too often blowing at the right side of the steering wheel. The a/c fan button (12" display XLT) shows 2 lights for fan speed, but it is the cool air when I think it should be warmer for the cabin temp. Even raising the temperature setting does not seem to have an effect as quickly as I would like (sorry, need to get more accurate temps and timing on what is happening). Yes, I can direct the air down or up with the air vent, but something just does not seem right with the control of the temperature.

Also, it seems the driver's area left air vent has a much lower flow than the right air vent. Normal?
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this Air Conditioning concern. Thanks!

OP
OP
GoodSam

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
occupying space
Thanks @Ford Motor Company for concern.

So far I just cranked up the temperature to 76 to take away the chill and opened up the left side vent more fully to get a better flow. I will see how it goes. Would be interesting to know how the truck detects interior temperature. Lowered the temp to 74 later on this short 2 mile trip. started w 95%, ended with 95%.

By the way, stopped charging at <90%, but then next day it turned on again to continue to my set maximum charge of 95%. I guess stop charging is only good for one day?

FastMover

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13 F150 Limited 14 Shelby GT500 22 Lightning order
Occupation
Retired
I have a 23 Platinum with the same low flow problem. The air from the driver's door side vent is much less then the drivers vent on the right. Always ch3cking it to mack sure it's open and facing at me.

OP
OP
GoodSam

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
occupying space
I tend to drive with the temp set at 77 degrees F, A/C on, (feels like 72F) but air flow is not as high as I would like on the left side of the steering wheel. There needs to be better vent air flow control beyond tilting the louvers. Need to add a thermometer in the cabin to see what it is showing as the temperature after 10 minutes. Maybe pre-conditioning could shorten that time, wish that pre-con temp could be set exactly or to the last cabin setting.

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I also have low air flow on the driver door side air vent. I'm always fiddling with it as my commute results in the sun shining on me going to work and going home. Would be nice to have stronger air flow there to cool me off.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
I have a 23 Platinum with the same low flow problem. The air from the driver's door side vent is much less then the drivers vent on the right. Always ch3cking it to mack sure it's open and facing at me.
Yep the left side on mine is very low. I thought maybe it was shutoff as Ive had other vehicles with a shutoff dial for certain vents but this left vent has no such dial.
Sponsored