• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

BlueCruise city driving vibration

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
(22 Lightning) . I actually tested it the other day. Blue Cruised up to a single car in traffic. Came to a complete stop, worked very well. We sat for a good amount of time, so when the car in front of us left, the digital screen actually told me to press 'resume' to continue. Pretty cool. This morning in traffic, no stops, all bumper-to-bumper and it worked great. Only problem is people threading into the space in front of you. It responded pretty darn well with a 3 bar increment.
What you described is Adaptive Cruise with Stop and Go. Been on Ford's for a few years.
Sponsored

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Yes, I know this thank you. We've had multiple Fords, Honda and Lexus with adaptive cruise. But this was BLUE CRUISE + adaptive cruise, so I was impressed. Someone posted somewhere on this forum that BC wouldn't work at slower speeds. So, I tried it and posted results. It did remain on, and still remained in control, steering while in the traffic.

DiveMan911

First Name
R.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Acura TL, '13 Ford Escape
I believe I experienced the same thing yesterday that @Dadalorian13 is experiencing.
In my situation my Lariat Lightning and I were in terrible stop and go traffic on a freeway for far too long 🤦🏼‍♂️. The truck spent most of the time with BC active, even in stop and go traffic, but would occasionally revert to ACC. Maybe 4ish times as the truck was traveling at 5-10 mph while approaching the vehicle in front of me, the truck would seem to shutter rather substantially until it came to a stop. Distance was reasonable and there was no sudden stop in front of me. This shutter was not subtle…this was not the steering wheel vibrating, warped rotors, or any of the aforementioned suggestions…this was a rather substantial shutter…as if the motors couldn’t decide to provide propulsion or regenerative braking force at a very rapid rate (let’s say 2000 reps/min). It wasn’t violent, scary or dangerous, but would have been clearly noticeable by any occupant. While this happened a few times, it did the stop and go process repeatedly over a hundred times without incident.
Does this sound similar to anyone?

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Anyone experiencing a severe vibration when using blue cruise and the truck attempts to come to a stop behind traffic? When this happens I hit the brakes and turn blue cruise off to resolve. It’s only happened twice out of the multiple times blue cruise has worked fine.
Yes! This happened to me in stop and go traffic on the 15 coming home from Vegas. It's only happened once to me. It was definitely not normal. I just stepped on the brake to stop it and then resumed BC.

OP
OP
Dadalorian13

Dadalorian13

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lightningclubsofamerica.org
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning ER Lariat
I believe I experienced the same thing yesterday that @Dadalorian13 is experiencing.
In my situation my Lariat Lightning and I were in terrible stop and go traffic on a freeway for far too long 🤦🏼‍♂️. The truck spent most of the time with BC active, even in stop and go traffic, but would occasionally revert to ACC. Maybe 4ish times as the truck was traveling at 5-10 mph while approaching the vehicle in front of me, the truck would seem to shutter rather substantially until it came to a stop. Distance was reasonable and there was no sudden stop in front of me. This shutter was not subtle…this was not the steering wheel vibrating, warped rotors, or any of the aforementioned suggestions…this was a rather substantial shutter…as if the motors couldn’t decide to provide propulsion or regenerative braking force at a very rapid rate (let’s say 2000 reps/min). It wasn’t violent, scary or dangerous, but would have been clearly noticeable by any occupant. While this happened a few times, it did the stop and go process repeatedly over a hundred times without incident.
I’ve never had it happen a second time though

DroopyHippo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
This sounds exactly like what happened to mine, but only once with about 2k on the truck.
Sponsored