• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Vibration while driving

ChrisC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Focus Electric, 2017 FFE, 2020 KiaNiroEV
Does anyone else notice a vibration while driving (all modes) with the one pedal option on? It is not constant but when the steering wheel is turned slightly when changing lanes or going around a curve. I don't think the one pedal feature is the problem but I do like to keep it on. I am just not sure if I should take it in for servicing. Thank you!
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
It is not constant but when the steering wheel is turned slightly when changing lanes or going around a curve.
Similar to the lane departure warning vibration?
That's what I feel when switching lanes, turning the feature off or reducing the intensity in the settings.

OP
OP

ChrisC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Similar to the lane departure warning vibration?
That's what I feel when switching lanes, turning the feature off or reducing the intensity in the settings.
Maybe that's it but it seems to happen in a curve in the road too

OP
OP

ChrisC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I haven't tried that but I will.. it does it when I am driving straight but could be drifting a bit

Sponsored

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
You should see the lane departure icon in the driver screen. It is green when active and has two lane lines around a icon that looks like a beetle (to me). The icon turns red when either lane line goes red and the wheel will rumble. The icon goes grey when the system isn't active (like low speeds or stoplights).

OP
OP

ChrisC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I did it again this morning when going around a curve.. there was no lane departure lights at all .. just the pulsing vibration. It doesn't do it when I always switch lanes, but the lanes are often poorly marked where I am driving when this happens.

OP
OP

ChrisC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You should see the lane departure icon in the driver screen. It is green when active and has two lane lines around a icon that looks like a beetle (to me). The icon turns red when either lane line goes red and the wheel will rumble. The icon goes grey when the system isn't active (like low speeds or stoplights).
AHHH! I saw the little beetle looking car icon with the green lines next to it .. it does turn red when it rubbles but it does it when I am going around a curve in the road.. which is annoying but I am glad that it is not anything serious! Thank you!!!

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
AHHH! I saw the little beetle looking car icon with the green lines next to it .. it does turn red when it rubbles but it does it when I am going around a curve in the road.. which is annoying but I am glad that it is not anything serious! Thank you!!!
Yeah the lane departure system isn't perfect around corners or highway exits, etc.. It works well on well marked mostly straight road.
Sponsored