• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I didn’t realize this was complimentary

Ford F-150 Lightning BlueOval Charge Network Trial Extended One Year Complimentary IMG_2149
Sponsored

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
What exactly does this give us?
The opportunity to pay more per kWh for Electrify America than you would pay with a EA Pass+ plan. And plug-and-charge at EA which I guess is nice.

I'm not sure why this needs to be a paid subscription unless they have plans to gatekeep Tesla SC access behind a subscription plan. That would be a sh*tty move on their part.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
The opportunity to pay more per kWh for Electrify America than you would pay with a EA Pass+ plan. And plug-and-charge at EA which I guess is nice.

I'm not sure why this needs to be a paid subscription unless they have plans to gatekeep Tesla SC access behind a subscription plan. That would be a sh*tty move on their part.
The plug N charge got an EA station to work that the app said was unavailable, so there is utility even if limited use cases. I'm praying hard that the subscription gives us discounted pricing. We shall see...

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
The honor of paying full price at Electrify America stations, instead of just using the EA Pass+ subscription in the EA app (which pays for itself with less than 100 miles of lightning charging per month). Plug and charge is nice but using apple wallet to initiate a charge session isn't a big deal IMO to save a few bucks.

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150

Tesla already has an option in their app for charging non-teslas at magic dock locations, so I'd probably just going that route if Ford tries to hide Supercharger access behind a subscription. Agreed that would be a super shitty move on Ford's part if they try and charge access to reliable fast charging.

Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Possibly longer time to use the free charging. With my MME I still have 150kWh left out of the original 500kWh. I only took two longer trips. The first was mostly free because EA had free charging at the end of 2021 and a handful of big charges that Ford never deducted from my account. I still have the full 250kWh for my Lightning. Of course most people who really care about DC charging probably used that up on the first trip.

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
The honor of paying full price at Electrify America stations, instead of just using the EA Pass+ subscription in the EA app (which pays for itself with less than 100 miles of lightning charging per month). Plug and charge is nice but using apple wallet to initiate a charge session isn't a big deal IMO to save a few bucks.
This.. I never use the ford app because I don’t like paying more money for absolutely no reason.

OpenMinded150

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 ER Lariet Lightning
Occupation
Renewal by Anderson
Tesla already has an option in their app for charging non-teslas at magic dock locations, so I'd probably just going that route if Ford tries to hide Supercharger access behind a subscription. Agreed that would be a super shitty move on Ford's part if they try and charge access to reliable fast charging.
Almost as shitty as taking blue cruise to 800$ a year right!? Right!? What a joke

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Possibly longer time to use the free charging. With my MME I still have 150kWh left out of the original 500kWh. I only took two longer trips. The first was mostly free because EA had free charging at the end of 2021 and a handful of big charges that Ford never deducted from my account. I still have the full 250kWh for my Lightning. Of course most people who really care about DC charging probably used that up on the first trip.
That was my summation as well. I have only used 30 of my 250 after 7 months of ownership.

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
Plug & Charge on my Porsche Taycan gave you the EA membership rate. When I started charging my F150 using Plug & Charge, I was shocked that Ford didn’t do the same. I have Plug & Charge enabled, but now initiate charging through the app to save a few bucks.

Heck, paying for charging through Plug & Charge doesn’t even get you FordPass reward points. It’s kind of a raw deal.

I suspect that the Blue Oval Network subscription will be required to use Tesla Superchargers as that experience will also be Plug & Charge. If so, it is what it is.

With that, I wonder how many hundreds of dollars (probably north of a thousand with BlueCruise) that I will be paying Ford every year to drive a truck that I purchased in cash.
Sponsored