• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Brand new truck. Power up 4.2.1.1. What ?

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
Hi all,

My truck was just built in December. I bought it in February.

It just got it firsts OTA download. 4.2.1.1. What? It looks like this version was released like early 2023. How could December 2023 truck not have a newer version?

More confusing… when I read the power up version wiki, it seems like my truck has some features that did not come until “later” releases, even tho I supposedly have older software?

Doesnt make a lot of sense to me.
Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Actually 4.2.1 was released in early 2023. You got 4.2.1.1 (note the extra .1). There is a thread for that here. It was first seen last summer but has been a regular topic of "I got it" for a lot of '23's. Hopefully its just a reset update that will now enable a bunch of other updates and you will start to see more current releases.

Welcome to the confusing club of what the heck is Ford doing? I just got an update to fix an issue that another update caused - an update I didn't get in the first place (so presumably didn't need the fix).

Until Ford gives real release notes we'll be left guessing.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
You're trying to make sense out of something that doesn't.

Drive your truck and enjoy it. Unless you don't have the battery percentage on the IP, you're not missing anything important.

OP
OP
Dinozero

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You're trying to make sense out of something that doesn't.

Drive your truck and enjoy it. Unless you don't have the battery percentage on the IP, you're not missing anything important.
that may be one thing I’m missing.. based on some examples I’ve seen.
But yeah, it’s not a huge deal.
I’m actually really happy with how the truck runs and operates.
My software doesn’t seems as buggy as some claim.
Maybe it’s the updates that breaks it lol

OP
OP
Dinozero

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Actually 4.2.1 was released in early 2023. You got 4.2.1.1 (note the extra .1). There is a thread for that here. It was first seen last summer but has been a regular topic of "I got it" for a lot of '23's. Hopefully its just a reset update that will now enable a bunch of other updates and you will start to see more current releases.

Welcome to the confusing club of what the heck is Ford doing? I just got an update to fix an issue that another update caused - an update I didn't get in the first place (so presumably didn't need the fix).

Until Ford gives real release notes we'll be left guessing.
Hey I appreciate you giving some color on that. That makes more sense now.

Sponsored

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
Just got this update on my newest lightning that I bought on 03/20/24, last Wednesday. Glad I’ve received my first update. My previous lightning took forever to get updates and several dealership visits to get them.

Thunder1809

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Engineer
I bought my Lightning in July 2023 and didn't get any updates until I took it in for the battery sensor module in February. After that it took several weeks to get an OTA update, and I am slowly getting them. Last night I got the Tesla charger update. Seems whenever they update somethings else gets turned off or on. The other day after an update I got out and locked the truck and the mirrors didn't fold, that got turned off. I still don't have the battery charge level on my instrument panel.

MaintGrl

First Name
Marsha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New F-150 XLT Lightning
Occupation
Retired CWEA Grade 3 Maintenance Technician
I bought my Lightning in July 2023 and didn't get any updates until I took it in for the battery sensor module in February. After that it took several weeks to get an OTA update, and I am slowly getting them. Last night I got the Tesla charger update. Seems whenever they update somethings else gets turned off or on. The other day after an update I got out and locked the truck and the mirrors didn't fold, that got turned off. I still don't have the battery charge level on my instrument panel.
I believe you can get it in the center display . ..

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Hi all,

My truck was just built in December. I bought it in February.

It just got it firsts OTA download. 4.2.1.1. What? It looks like this version was released like early 2023. How could December 2023 truck not have a newer version?

More confusing… when I read the power up version wiki, it seems like my truck has some features that did not come until “later” releases, even tho I supposedly have older software?

Doesnt make a lot of sense to me.
At least you are getting OTA, many of us aren't. It'll catch up eventually, probably... :)
Sponsored