• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Buying Online

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER [6/20]
Anyone actually try buying the vehicle online yet?

I found this related to the Mach-E, is this new too? I would imagine it will be the same?

https://www.ford.com/buy/
Sponsored

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
*edited*
Page 5 and 6 on this thread members were discussing the online check out option, after your truck arrives at the dealer.

FIrst person to complete this process can share their experience here!

Last edited:

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
Till somebody else posts more.

Ford F-150 Lightning Buying Online E77BFEE4-1DB8-4FA9-8C65-1494FE98223D

I had the option to pick between 3 different payment options.

* Ford Credit - Had a choice between Ford financing and Ford Options. It showed the “preapproval letter” saying I was approved for $105,000 or thereabouts. Rate was terrible at 4.9% for 72 months but it did look like you can do a full credit application with this option with no input from the dealer. I did not click through the Ford Options option

* Cash - Pretty straightforward. It just says to bring it to the dealer. I wish it was like Tesla and I could just straight up enter my ACH details and take the money out directly. However I understand that’s not practical with a dealership model.

* Third Party financing - this option takes you to a different screen where you can put your term period, your interest rate and it will spit out what your monthly payment is and that will be shown at checkout.

After all this you are taken to a checkout screen where you can “checkout” for all the information to be submitted to the dealer. I did not click through this either.

I am sorry about not being more helpful but feel free to ask questions and I will try my best to answer.

From what I have seen, if you do the credit option with Ford I don’t see how the dealer could add anything extra.

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
From what I have seen, if you do the credit option with Ford I don’t see how the dealer could add anything extra.
This looks like the most secure option so far to prevent ADM/DAO that was not disclosed at order. If you use Ford credit then pay if off the next day, how much are you out? Closing fees? Interest for a day?

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
This looks like the most secure option so far to prevent ADM/DAO that was not disclosed at order. If you use Ford credit then pay if off the next day, how much are you out? Closing fees? Interest for a day?
Never used Ford Credit before but with Audi, Chrysler etc, it took weeks for the account to be active so you couldn’t actually pay it off till then. So you are probably looking at a few weeks of interest at least. There is no prepayment penalty.

Sponsored
OP
OP

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It says you can buy online with cash or third-party financing. You probably just show up with a check.

Hopefully I'll be first and can post how it works out. I suspect my dealer will be pretty confused.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
It says you can buy online with cash or third-party financing. You probably just show up with a check.

Hopefully I'll be first and can post how it works out. I suspect my dealer will be pretty confused.
Sounds like they have to opt in for it, but knowing dealers one person will sign up and nobody else will know anything about it.

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
Anyone complete (or plan to soon complete) the online checkout process?

Rickyv490

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus
I went through most of the process just now. I didn't do the whole thing because the price isn't reflective to what I signed at the dealership. (It has a $2,500 ADM and is missing an additional $1,000 deposit made.)

That being said it was super easy couldn't have taken more than 5 minutes. Got approved for credit, I could have completed it then but there was an option to "discuss with dealership" so I selected that so I can finish it in person with the right price.

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
Good info. When does the checkout process appear on your order respective to shipping date, estimated delivery date, and actual deliver to the dealer?

Sponsored

Rickyv490

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus
Good info. When does the checkout process appear on your order respective to shipping date, estimated delivery date, and actual deliver to the dealer?
It didn't appear until it was delivered. It's actually how I found it was delivered. I went to check my status and saw that. Then checked United Road and saw they delivered the truck like 90 minutes prior.

OP
OP

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have a bunch of screenshots that I will post once I get delivery of my vehicle. It's neat, offers trade in prices, but when I added the information for calculating sales tax, the whole thing kinda broke and got stuck in a loop.

The process showed up as soon as the vehicle was delivered to the dealer. Also, the dealers seem kinda out of the loop on this stuff.

OP
OP

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Also to note, it seems to let you do A/Z pin pricing explicitly in there. I would post the pictures now but there's too much random information in there like VINs, dealership info, I'll wait until it's officially mine.

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
I went through most of the process just now. I didn't do the whole thing because the price isn't reflective to what I signed at the dealership. (It has a $2,500 ADM and is missing an additional $1,000 deposit made.)
Thanks for the info. Can you elaborate on the price difference?
Did your order have ADM when it was placed?
Was it added later and if so by whom?
Had you agreed with the dealer to pay ADM?
What papers had you signed at the dealer, and when?
Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to be prepared.

Rickyv490

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus
Thanks for the info. Can you elaborate on the price difference?
Did your order have ADM when it was placed?
Was it added later and if so by whom?
Had you agreed with the dealer to pay ADM?
What papers had you signed at the dealer, and when?
Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to be prepared.
No problem. I was initially reserved at another dealership, however when asked about an ADM they completely ignored the question. So I called another dealer and offered to transfer my reservation if they agreed to sell at MSRP. They agreed several times and agreed to prioritize my order. When it came time to order there was a $2,500 ADM on the page. Of course, pissed I called the dealership who again said they'd sell to me at MSRP. My guess is they plan on adding it to their other orders. So I was told to ignore it. At this point I had several emails saying MSRP. So figured I was fine. They also wanted $1,500 down vs. the $500 Ford asks for when placing the order. A few days after placing the order I went in to pay the additional $1,000 at this time I signed some paper with a break down of the price. I don't know what this paper is called but it's a legal document that I've gotten every time I've bought a car.

So the financing doesn't reflect that $2,500, the extra $1,000 I put down, and being in NJ I believe I will qualify for another $2,000 off.
Sponsored