• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dealer refuses to sell the Lightning to the person who ordered. Marks it up by $50k and puts it on the lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
So if you checkout with Ford Credit even though the rate is trash, you can head over to the dealership, collect without hassle and then refinance right away?
You'd get hit with a waiting period and/or greater interest rates than a "new" purchase.

What people should be asking for is an "option" contract, which will get you out with the least amount of grief. What that does, at least in CA, is give you three days to secure financing or the dealer's go through.

I haven't decided if I'm doing that or if I'm going in with a "too the penny" cashier's check drawn from the bank...on a Saturday (or after 5pm on a weekday).
Sponsored

OP
OP
monsterlag

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
So if you checkout with Ford Credit even though the rate is trash, you can head over to the dealership, collect without hassle and then refinance right away?
I cannot personally confirm since I used third party financing but yes it does seem like you can straight up apply for Ford Credit and even Ford Options through the checkout process and use the dealer for basically pick up.

OP
OP
monsterlag

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
*Edited with dates*
Share some more screenshots, if possible. Can you go to the next screen without completing the purchase? What is your build week (5/30/22) and is your vehicle shipped or at your dealer (today 8/3/22)? Also interested in the "here's how it works" language. How much flexibility do they leave on the dealer's end. The cash due at dealer is still "estimated" so that makes me think any number of adjustments can be made by the dealer.
Apologies, I had to get of work and goto dealer to pick mine up and forgot to screenshot it all due to the excitement. I am sure other will have deliveries soon with the same option.

For what it’s worth, it did look like you could do Ford Credit application right there and lock down financing etc.

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER [6/20]
It's also possible that you do it all online, and then just show up with a check or other payment when you pick it up.

OP
OP
monsterlag

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It's also possible that you do it all online, and then just show up with a check or other payment when you pick it up.
yes there was a “cash” option and a third party financing option but I am not sure what the dealer can do when it comes to those in terms of changes.

Sponsored

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER [6/20]
yes there was a “cash” option and a third party financing option but I am not sure what the dealer can do when it comes to those in terms of changes.
I don't know how third party financing is different then cash, don't they just cut you a check you give to the dealer?

OP
OP
monsterlag

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I don't know how third party financing is different then cash, don't they just cut you a check you give to the dealer?
yup, literally did that today haha. At 1.99% for 72 months, worth it compared to Ford Credit at 4.9%.

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
This online purchase option looks like a way to prevent ADM if it was not included in the order. My experience in this thread has me upset with my dealer. They approved my order at MSRP, then told me that they would charge $5,000 ADM. If I buy direct from Ford online, can I tell them I have completed the purchase and they don't get their ADM?

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
This online purchase option looks like a way to prevent ADM if it was not included in the order. My experience in this thread has me upset with my dealer. They approved my order at MSRP, then told me that they would charge $5,000 ADM. If I buy direct from Ford online, can I tell them I have completed the purchase and they don't get their ADM?
That would be a creative way for Ford to deal with ADM hiding dealers. Does it work for LoJack, window etching and greater than 78 percent nitrogen filled tires?

Sponsored

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
Apologies, I had to get of work and goto dealer to pick mine up and forgot to screenshot it all due to the excitement. I am sure other will have deliveries soon with the same option.
No problem, congrats on picking up your truck! So you completed your purchase online successfully?? Was there space for any unexpected dealer adds? How was the experience at the dealer afterwards?

OP
OP
monsterlag

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Where can you get 1.99 for 72??
It’s a local CU in Upstate NY, it was actually 1.74% for 60 months but 72 was only 1.99%. However, rates went up this week, we were lucky enough to lock it before the rate increase.

OP
OP
monsterlag

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No problem, congrats on picking up your truck! So you completed your purchase online successfully?? Was there space for any unexpected dealer adds? How was the experience at the dealer afterwards?
Na I took the screenshot and then had to be on the phone to make sure the bank got all the docs from the dealer(purchase order was missing odo, the corrected fax was too dark etc etc). I literally got the certified check 5 mins before the bank closed.

Wish I could have done it all online but it was a bit of a stressful day.

Status
Not open for further replies.