• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Buzze app

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
At first blush, this seems like a winner to me. If I can find an available charger within walking distance of where I'm staying or spending several hours, I'd use this. Better than arriving at a hotel and finding the one charger already taken for the night. I'd also make mine available with a few qualifiers. First I doubt there would be much demand as I live a bit off the beaten path. They would also need to add location pricing. I saw one article that stated the would charge $0.25/kWH, with the charger host getting $0.20. This would be a net loss for me. As of now, I'm paying ~$0.25/kWH for my electricity, with no off peak rates.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tech-app-buzze-launches-revolutionizes-130000309.html

What do others think?
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I doubt that parking in a strange neighborhood for level 2 charging would make much sense for a traveler. It MIGHT work for an apartment dweller, but how do they deal with "your car is blocking me in" and such?

Reactions: GDN

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
American ingenuity at work. it will be interesting if this idea takes off

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
At first blush, this seems like a winner to me. If I can find an available charger within walking distance of where I'm staying or spending several hours, I'd use this. Better than arriving at a hotel and finding the one charger already taken for the night. I'd also make mine available with a few qualifiers. First I doubt there would be much demand as I live a bit off the beaten path. They would also need to add location pricing. I saw one article that stated the would charge $0.25/kWH, with the charger host getting $0.20. This would be a net loss for me. As of now, I'm paying ~$0.25/kWH for my electricity, with no off peak rates.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tech-app-buzze-launches-revolutionizes-130000309.html

What do others think?
EV Match already exists and no-one uses it. Don't know why this will get any more use.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition

What do others think?
How would this work? A stranger pull into my garage and charges for several hours and then does what during that time?

Also, in Phoenix there are lots of Level 2 charges located near actual amenities like libraries, stores, museums, malls, hospitals. The ones I've seen that charge money are hardly ever used.
Sponsored