• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

California Clean Vehicle Rebate Program

anthafied

First Name
Anthy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Occupation
Firefighter paramedic
Currently the 2023 F150 lightning is not listed and is therefore ineligible for the $2000 California Clean Vehicle Rebate. Does anyone have any information if/when the 2023 will be added?
I called the 1800 number for the program and all they said is that it's up to Ford to apply for the program to make the 2023 Lightning eligible. They also said you only have 3 months from the time of purchase to apply for the rebate. No exceptions.
If anyone has more information I'd appreciate it.
Sponsored

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
Currently the 2023 F150 lightning is not listed and is therefore ineligible for the $2000 California Clean Vehicle Rebate. Does anyone have any information if/when the 2023 will be added?
I called the 1800 number for the program and all they said is that it's up to Ford to apply for the program to make the 2023 Lightning eligible. They also said you only have 3 months from the time of purchase to apply for the rebate. No exceptions.
If anyone has more information I'd appreciate it.
Its going to be listed soon I bet, just apply anyway just before the 3 months.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Its going to be listed soon I bet, just apply anyway just before the 3 months.
Yes, it will be listed soon.

Early 2022 Lightnings had a delay in VINs getting imported by CVRP.

laselvasurf

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT, 13 Raptor, 13 X5M, 03 Excursion
I called them as well and they were not particularly helpful so I emailed them hoping for a better explanation and received this:

"
Thank you for your email. We do not currently have the 2023 as the vehicle specific application shows. Vehicle manufacturers must apply for Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP) eligibility with the California Air Resources Board (CARB) and meet a number of program requirements. If all program requirements are met, the vehicle is added to the list of eligible vehicles on our website.

Please note: Certain plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs) are only eligible for a rebate if they are purchased/leased on or after the vehicle eligibility date.

We cannot guarantee a vehicle will be approved by CARB and added to our eligible vehicle list. Therefore, if the rebate is an important factor in your decision to purchase/lease the vehicle, we recommend that you use your best judgment given the information provided on our website.

I encourage you to visit www.driveclean.ca.gov where you can perform a search based on your vehicle type and zip code to see if there are any other incentives available to you at this time. Thank you for your investment in clean vehicle technology.

"

I'm hoping it's just in the works and we'll be able to apply soon.

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I called them as well and they were not particularly helpful so I emailed them hoping for a better explanation and received this:

"
Thank you for your email. We do not currently have the 2023 as the vehicle specific application shows. Vehicle manufacturers must apply for Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP) eligibility with the California Air Resources Board (CARB) and meet a number of program requirements. If all program requirements are met, the vehicle is added to the list of eligible vehicles on our website.

Please note: Certain plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs) are only eligible for a rebate if they are purchased/leased on or after the vehicle eligibility date.

We cannot guarantee a vehicle will be approved by CARB and added to our eligible vehicle list. Therefore, if the rebate is an important factor in your decision to purchase/lease the vehicle, we recommend that you use your best judgment given the information provided on our website.

I encourage you to visit www.driveclean.ca.gov where you can perform a search based on your vehicle type and zip code to see if there are any other incentives available to you at this time. Thank you for your investment in clean vehicle technology.

"

I'm hoping it's just in the works and we'll be able to apply soon.
Don't feel left out - the Mustang Mach E owners are experiencing the same delay.

Their '23 MME are not listed for rebate yet...

My incoming MME is next week so I hope it gets uploaded by then...

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Not sure if anyone had seen this or maybe I’m just late tot he party

Ford F-150 Lightning California Clean Vehicle Rebate Program A5C5B4A2-E172-4394-81E0-0FA62C8B2F33

Sponsored

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
I just bought another EV for my wife, can I get another rebate? I received my re ate fir the lightning in 2022.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I just bought another EV for my wife, can I get another rebate? I received my re ate fir the lightning in 2022.
Yes. I’m getting one for the Tesla we just purchased